Best place to get clean numberplates made?

IC3

IC3

Soldato
OP
When I've been doing speed enforcement recently, I've also been adding extra £100 fines for all plates that aren't legal. I think about 30% of the people I stop get that prize as well.
You must be fun at parties, let me guess you drive an undercover Volvo too? :p

Soldato
You can't have enough rules and regulations can you? God forbid a bit of creativity may happen.

I admit accidentally buying a show plate, with faint honeycomb background, I've changed it to plane with fake 3d, but even that is a bone of contention from the 1st of September you can't have those but if already fitted they're OK.

There is also a lot confusion over gel 3d or 4d, commonsense seems to have been lost. The problem with zealous policeman is that they may put their own spin on the rules and the more complicated they are the more mistakes.

Anyway I thought the police didn't have time for all the paperwork.

Man of Honour
Given that these stupid 4d number plates are quite difficult to read from an angle compared with the standard plates it's presumably not long until they get banned. They appear to be appearing everywhere lately, a good way to make an otherwise nice car look rubbish.

Man of Honour
You can't have enough rules and regulations can you? God forbid a bit of creativity may happen.

I admit accidentally buying a show plate, with faint honeycomb background, I've changed it to plane with fake 3d, but even that is a bone of contention from the 1st of September you can't have those but if already fitted they're OK.

There is also a lot confusion over gel 3d or 4d, commonsense seems to have been lost. The problem with zealous policeman is that they may put their own spin on the rules and the more complicated they are the more mistakes.

Anyway I thought the police didn't have time for all the paperwork.
God forbid it's just a number plate, everyone's got them there's no need to display your creativity on them. Plenty of other bits of a car for you to do that on.

Associate
God forbid it's just a number plate, everyone's got them there's no need to display your creativity on them. Plenty of other bits of a car for you to do that on.

In fairness the British number plates are huge on the front and don't suit a number or cars.

And to echo the others it is incredibly small minded to be dropping fines like that on people. Sure if it's missing or deliberately misleading but not conforming to the regs?

Seems like a really good way to have reduce the credibility of police even further.

Soldato
Funny how they will do this petty stuff, but when someone steals your car and drives through a million speed cameras with it they don't care. Just give you a "crime number" and leave you to clean up the mess.

Soldato
In fairness the British number plates are huge on the front and don't suit a number or cars.

And to echo the others it is incredibly small minded to be dropping fines like that on people. Sure if it's missing or deliberately misleading but not conforming to the regs?

Seems like a really good way to have reduce the credibility of police even further.
It's incredibly small minded to think your above the law when it comes to displaying your VRN.

Soldato
It's incredibly small minded to think your above the law when it comes to displaying your VRN.

Well this country is policed by concent and I doubt spending loads of time fining people for slightly non-standard plates is really in the public interest right now.

Soldato
Well this country is policed by concent and I doubt spending loads of time fining people for slightly non-standard plates is really in the public interest right now.
Begs the question why people chose to waste police time by not abeying simple rules, doesn't it really?

Associate
Funny how they will do this petty stuff, but when someone steals your car and drives through a million speed cameras with it they don't care. Just give you a "crime number" and leave you to clean up the mess.
Exactly.

Yes, heaven forbid a policeman do their job properly. Are you one of those employees who does a half-arsed job and says “that’ll do”?
No. Real crimes are occurring, so why not go deal with those rather than going on a power trip and bothering innocent people for minor things?

Back
Top Bottom