• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Vaping Juice condensation Maybe killed my 1080

HRL

HRL

Soldato
i weened myself off the vape by reducing the nicotine content by 1mg every six weeks or so.

Down to 1mg now myself. It's definitely as habit forming as smoking, just without the nasty toxins and smell.

However, I can't say I've ever noticed any residue, staining, or condensed vape anywhere on my laptops or desktop PC's.

jcr

jcr

Associate
Down to 1mg now myself. It's definitely as habit forming as smoking, just without the nasty toxins and smell.

However, I can't say I've ever noticed any residue, staining, or condensed vape anywhere on my laptops or desktop PC's.
the only place i noticed residue was on the inside of my car windscreen.

Soldato
I quit smoking fags cold turkey and it was a nightmare - I can safely say that the first 2 months were the worst of my life.

My friends who took the sensible route as described above quit slowly over 12 mths no problem

I quit cold turkey but only found the first two weeks the worst, mainly coughing up gobbets of brown and green stuff from my lungs.

After that, it was fine, tea and coffee and food tasted amazing.

I used to get regular chest colds and coughs, they're a rarity now.

Soldato

I went from smokes to vapes to quitting completely...about 3 years now since I had a toke of anything.

What really amazed me was the difference between *any* amount of nicotine, and zero. Made me realize how horrendously addictive it is...1mg vape is enough to keep you hooked. Still, it was much easier to kick it by taking the slowly reducing nicotine vape route.

Soldato
Illicit THC cartridges, sold on Instagram by drug dealers. The additive was Tocopherol (vitamin E) acetate, used to 'cut' the THC oil and boost profits.

No nicotine eliquid has been implicated. TA won't even mix with it, and would serve no purpose if it did.

To add to this. Those who died or got pneumonia did so because what they were vaping had oil in it. Oil and lungs don't mix.

Vape liquid usually contains PG (which I get a rash from, and I use mesh coils so my vape is as much VG as possible) and water. No oils. Even the one guy who said he had been vaping regular liquid admitted he lied because the tobacco industry told him to and he didn't want to get into legal bother.

FWIW I have been vaping around my PC for about 8 years. I've never had anything fail. I didn't like cleaning the VG residue off of my fans so I stopped vaping next to the PC. I just sit under a velux now and blow it all directly outside.

Permabanned
Not trying to make any major points, just saying it's not a great idea (IMO) to breathe anything except air.

But it's a free world (at least in the UK), grown ass people can make their own minds up. :)
for people that did smoke vaping is a new breath .. we know that something might get us ..it just wont be the smokes ..
but at least it's there as an alterative to the coffin sticks

Soldato
OP
So don't leave us all hanging or anything! What was the exciting conclusion? Did your 2060 sort it in the end or has your mighty plumage taken out more than you thought?

Looking over this thread recently, to update.

1) The 1080 is sitting in the box here, 2060 works well, lucky i bought it before cryto mining explosion.

2) Vape juice killed my PSU, (Corsair HX 750i), probably one month or so after... bought a exact one immediately (only 1 in stock on OCUK), the old one is also sitting in a box.

Good thing is, as its modular, i didn't touch any cables, just swapped out the PSU itself.

I considered making a thread about that but couldn't be bothered.

3) Now i vape out of the window in the kitchen, or close enough

Back
Top Bottom