How do you all make your Cheese on toast?

Associate
2 Slices into the toaster, when it pops up put on some strong cheddar. Microwave then for 20-30 seconds. Perfect cheese on toast without the faff. Splodge of brown sauce on the side to dip

Associate
toast one side

then butter add the cheese heat on a mid heat under the grille

once it starts to bubble turn up the heat

Soldato
All sounds more gormet than my toaster microwave method. How do you all toast bread only on one side?
Microwave then for 20-30 seconds. Perfect cheese on toast without the faff.

microwaving sounds like a good idea - no wait for the grill to warm up(& don't have a grill @work) , and, will put the heat into the cheese, albeit, less crispy skin ..
.... cooks blowtorch could be fun - if I had one.

Soldato
Grate some cheddar and parmesan together and mix with a bit of mayo and pepper. Butter one side of a piece of bread and put it in the oven on a rack for a few mins. Remove, put the grated cheese on top then back in the oven until the cheese starts to brown. Thank me later! :)

Soldato
I toast one side, stick cheese on the untoasted side, place under grill wait for it to melt a little and then add Worcestershire sauce and continue under grill for a little longer.

Soldato
toast to about 90 - 95% and then under the grill slowly to melt the cheese but do not burn

the secret is just using good bread and cheese i think

Soldato
Thank god everyone is saying cheese on toast

recently moved to North Lanarkshire and the locals including my good lady insist it is Roasted cheese ffs

Caporegime
The correct way is to toast the bread, then cover in cheese, grill it and eat
recently moved to North Lanarkshire and the locals including my good lady insist it is Roasted cheese ffs
surely them mean raclette

makes your house stink though but kids love being able to "cook" their own food

Back
Top Bottom