Potentially kicking off in Russia

Soldato
They do not come into out airspace though.
Nope, they come close but not into our airspace.

Technically they do and have. Granted it's pre-approved but the MoD has allowed/does allow Russian military jets/planes (ie - Antonov) into UK airspace for reconnaissance as part of Open Skies (i believe that's the treaty/agreement).

Let me get this straight...

If that's you getting it "straight", then "seven bob note" springs to mind :cry:

The actual "let me get this straight" is an RN ship sailed through international waters on a known shipping route from a port in the Ukraine on its way to Georgia as part of a joint (with the Dutch) NATO operation.
That's being reported by the RN/MoD and various other "forces" news outlets.

Last edited:
Permabanned
Technically they do and have. Granted it's pre-approved but the MoD has allowed/does allow Russian military jets/planes (ie - Antonov) into UK airspace for reconnaissance as part of Open Skies (i believe that's the treaty/agreement).

If that's you getting it "straight", then "seven bob note" springs to mind :cry:

The actual "let me get this straight" is an RN ship sailed through international waters on a known shipping route from a port in the Ukraine on its way to Georgia as part of a joint (with the Dutch) NATO operation.
That's being reported by the RN/MoD and various other "forces" news outlets.

Thing is, you know this is load of baloney. The UK ship has entered Crimean territorial waters, fully aware of doing such. The whole idea was, 'Kek, well Crimea is Ukraine so its fine since we're friends'.

You don't enter territorial waters through safe passage. You do exactly opposite, especially being a warship.

Soldato
Thing is, you know this is load of baloney. The UK ship has entered Crimean territorial waters, fully aware of doing such. The whole idea was, 'Kek, well Crimea is Ukraine so its fine since we're friends'.

You don't enter territorial waters through safe passage. You do exactly opposite.

If that's what you (and the Russian's) want to believe and get "frothy" over then go for it but it's international waters to everyone else and the two ships were travelling a known shipping lane (and I don't believe they deviated from that) :)

Permabanned
If that's what you (and the Russian's) want to believe and get "frothy" over then go for it but it's international waters to everyone else and the two ships were travelling a known shipping lane (and I don't believe they deviated from that) :)

UK-denies-Russian-claims-that-its-military-dropped-BOMBS-in.jpg

Permabanned
Lastly, is anyone going to address the disparity between Official Gov and BBC who again 'conveniently' had a journalist with film crew onboard.

Our correspondent, who had been invited on board the ship before the incident happened, saw more than 20 aircraft overhead and two Russian coastguard boats which at times were just 100m (328ft) away.

This is at odds with statements from both the British prime minister's office and defence ministry, which denied any confrontation.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-57583363

So BBC says huge confrontation with shots fired - meanwhile DOD says nothing even happened? No shots, no bombs - nothing. It looks either stupid or weak quite frankly.

Then we went from 'We're asserting that Crimea is Ukrainian' So we're going to enter its territorial waters to show our refusal to acknowledge annexation to now 'wE wErE in InTeRnAtIoNAl waTeRS'. Nothing even happened, this is all fake news.

Last edited:
Soldato
I can think of a few reasons why, it's not really that hard to consider the implications here!

We don't have anything to worry Russia with land forces wise in any conflict, we have zilch arty really and would be obliterated by Russian battery fire.

Both sides have nukes, it will and would never get to that point.

Man of Honour
We don't have anything to worry Russia with land forces wise in any conflict, we have zilch arty really and would be obliterated by Russian battery fire.

Our goal would be air supremacy - but then aside from the Type 45s we lack the anti-air capabilities to back that up.

Caporegime

How do you know it would never get to that point?

It's not true that Russia isn't worried about our land forces either, they take a keen interest, though more to the point this was an incident that took place at sea and involved a type 45, more than capable of dealing with multiple aircraft, not really a good idea to actually attack it with 20+ aircraft circling given it could independently target and destroy all of them.

Soldato
How long until Russia stomps through the Ukraine to re-incorporate Trans-Dniester? There are Russian-speaking, Russia-loyal communities there, the same as East Ukraine. Nato will have to act at some point.

Soldato
Lastly, is anyone going to address the disparity between Official Gov and BBC who again 'conveniently' had a journalist with film crew onboard.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-57583363

So BBC says huge confrontation with shots fired - meanwhile DOD says nothing even happened? No shots, no bombs - nothing. It looks either stupid or weak quite frankly.

Then we went from 'We're asserting that Crimea is Ukrainian' So we're going to enter its territorial waters to show our refusal to acknowledge annexation to now 'wE wErE in InTeRnAtIoNAl waTeRS'. Nothing even happened, this is all fake news.

There were shots but whole thing over-exagerated. Two small Russian boats that couldn't keep up started firing round I believe but Russians have made out it was far worse.

Man of Honour
How long until Russia stomps through the Ukraine to re-incorporate Trans-Dniester? There are Russian-speaking, Russia-loyal communities there, the same as East Ukraine. Nato will have to act at some point.

As it stands Russia can't really afford to do it, short of switching the entire country to a war time stance/economy - the manpower and resources required to comfortably do it, should there be any response, would mean draining their forces from all other regions and leave their core defences depleted.

Back
Top Bottom