BT Infinity & FTTx Discussion

Soldato
There's an exchange listed near me in a small town with a population of around 1000 people. I'm surprised they'll bother with such a small place when there's already good VDSL availability there.

Caporegime
These are longer-term plans though, out to 2025. Having 20Mbps upload in 2025 with no upgrade plans won't be sufficient for a lot of activities.

Soldato
True, but I would expect them to go for the more heavily populated areas first. It's possible though that this town near me is a fairly easy roll out. I'm told that was part of the reason for FTTP being rolled out where I live, a town of about 6500 people.

Caporegime
There's loads of variables - high population density doesn't mean the build is easy, especially if it involves lots of road closures or having to dig up direct buried cables. A new-ish town that is fully ducted can probably be completed in a few weeks without having to do anything other than open existing chambers.

Associate
There's loads of variables - high population density doesn't mean the build is easy, especially if it involves lots of road closures or having to dig up direct buried cables. A new-ish town that is fully ducted can probably be completed in a few weeks without having to do anything other than open existing chambers.

Very true! My little estate 3000 homes was done in 2 weeks by BT, as we already had all the ducting, now CityFiber has come along digging everything up!

Associate
Caporegime
Eeek

I came to this thread because I have BT Full Fibre 900 service but am moving to a new house that only has a guaranteed download of 43mbps on Fibre.

It's on that list as 'Build Delivery Phase 21/22 – December 2026'

So is that "it could be added anytime in the next 5 years"?

Associate
Eeek

I came to this thread because I have BT Full Fibre 900 service but am moving to a new house that only has a guaranteed download of 43mbps on Fibre.

It's on that list as 'Build Delivery Phase 21/22 – December 2026'

So is that "it could be added anytime in the next 5 years"?

I think so! Ah man that sucks! Going from 900 down to 43!

Back
Top Bottom