UEFA Euro 2020 Quarter Finals ** spoilers ** [2nd - 3rd July 2021]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
I've seen it in the prem too a few times. I think there is discretion in the rule, but I'd be interested to know the wording if anyone is in the know.

• any other cause, including any significant delay to a restart (e.g. goal celebrations)
The fourth official indicates the minimum additional time decided by the referee at the end of the final minute of each half. The additional time may be increased by the referee but not reduced.

https://www.thefa.com/football-rule...tball-11-11/law-7---the-duration-of-the-match

So yeah, not allowed to decrease added time.

Man of Honour
Regarding the injury time, it's a relatively common trait I've seen from European refs, blowing up early. Unless there's a major delay, a lot of them will also ignore any stoppages in injury time so if it's 2mins stoppage time they blow on like 91:58-92:00 regardless of what's actually happened in that two mins. The idea that a second half of a match can end on 90:00 is quite frankly ludicrous these days, given the amount of subs you tend to see in the second half.

Soldato
Weve been lucky with the draw, let’s not get carried away.

Serious question, as I don't really follow football, but surely Germany was one of the harder draws in the first round of the knockouts? Yes, last nights was easy and for a Semi, you can't really ask more than for a team like Denmark I think, but Germany was a tough draw?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom