• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The RX Vega 56 Owners Thread

Associate
Thanks for the info! I have already actually undervolted with 0% PL to 1050mv. This card runs hot even with the stock fans unfortunately, I've tried reseating the cooler too with no real change in temps. This config is the coolest and quietest I've got it to run!

Should I try increasing my PL? Or undervolting further?

Associate
Should I try increasing my PL? Or undervolting further?
If you want to keep the performance you have to increase the PL. On Vega, lowering the core voltage has - at some point - the side effect of bringing down the effective boost clock. So to keep a stable 1630 MHz on average at 1010 mV you'd have to set a much higher frequency (which in turn uses more power again). So the simple solution is always allowing the card to just use as much power as it needs.
I used the other approach and brought down the voltage to 1020mV where it no longer ran into the 180W limit in most scenarios.

Associate
Providing you're happy with 60fps and tweeking a few settings on some games then a Vega 56 should absolutely be able to power a 3440v1440 screen.

If you don't want to spend that much google electriq 3400 ultrawide - you can pick them up for between £290-£350. Both 1440p 34 inch ultrawides. I have the cheaper screen, as it's the older model and it's probably my favourite ever upgrade or at least up there. You can look up youtube reviews with it's original American name - Mass Drop Vast Ultrawide. Electriq rebadge other companies tech. I can't speak for the more expensive model but it's got a higher refresh 144hz v 100hz and I think it's curved.

Obviously games like Cyberpunk are GPU slayers though

Thanks for your reply pal.
I ended up getting the Dell 2721DGFA so a normal 27" IPS flat panel.
I figured that due to hardware being hard to get hold of and not much advancement over the last 12 months, I would hold off a full new build until 2022/23
This way, the monitor is more absorbing and doesn't push my system as much as the widescreen.

Hopefully when I do my final build, OLED style monitors will be far superior. I'm happy with this filler to last me for another few years. I just need to decide if to get a calabirator now to get the accurate colours.

Associate
Loaded up Bf4 after 5 years break.
Wanted to check fps for upcoming BF2042.
1440p and a 165hz screen I was running 200fps with gameplay settings.
My vega56 still with a third-party cooler due to fan died runs well.
New CPUs makes a difference

Associate
4 years and 173 pages since the OP. I bought my Vega 56 Pulse from OCUK on clearance for £220.00, wrongly not as I stated in an earlier post today purchased in circa 2019, but in circa 2018. Either way now in 2021, the RX 6600xt has been released; circa 80% additional performance of a 2018 GPU for circa double the cost. I would rather buy a console than pay for that.

Associate
You might as well sell it now whilst prices are strong, and if your 5700XT dies you can buy another card with that money. If your 5700XT doesn’t die then you’re up. It’s a win win.

Associate
I have no interest in mining, so also took advantage of the crazy second hand prices like othes have and recently sold my Vega 56 Pulse on the bay (it went in minutes!). I also managed to bag a 6600XT at RRP from OCUK on launch day, so the Vega paid for the upgrade and then some! :)

Caporegime
Definitely didn't see this coming :rolleyes::o:cry:, tried to flash my V56 and fell at the first hurdle. Keeping getting 'subsystems ID mismatch' error. I'm running ATIWinFlash in admin mode and have tried 2 different Saphire V65 BIOS (non WC). Any ideas?

Soldato
I have no interest in mining, so also took advantage of the crazy second hand prices like othes have and recently sold my Vega 56 Pulse on the bay (it went in minutes!). I also managed to bag a 6600XT at RRP from OCUK on launch day, so the Vega paid for the upgrade and then some! :)

How did the sale go? Have been thinking about selling mine but scared stiff of getting scammed :cry:

Back
Top Bottom