Images of items I have purchased (except trainers)

Soldato
That front wheel looks crazily far forward! Maybe I'm just used to looking at road bikes. I'd definitely do myself some damage on that beast.

Out of interest, why are the tyres labelled front and back? What's the difference?
The front probably has a more directional grip pattern to allow better steering whereas the rear will probably have an overall more aggressive tread for forward grip. That used to be the case way back when at any rate!

Associate
That front wheel looks crazily far forward! Maybe I'm just used to looking at road bikes. I'd definitely do myself some damage on that beast.

Out of interest, why are the tyres labelled front and back? What's the difference?
Slack head tube angles are the norm nowadays on trail/enduro style bikes, pushes the front wheel further forward for better balance and positioning for downhill riding.

In terms of the tyres, pretty common with mountain bikes to have more aggressive front tyres for the grip (but more friction/rolling resistance), then faster rolling tyres on the rear. Losing rear grip isn't a big deal, losing the front pretty much results in wiping out.

Associate
Here are some pictures of trainers that I didn't buy, sadly...

I knew they were coming in, but forgot and went to LIDL this morning, two days too late.

lidl3.jpg

lidl1.jpg

If I had bought some I would be selling them to people back home...

https://www.mirror.co.uk/money/people-selling-14-lidl-trainers-22289962

EDIT: I have no idea why the pictures are so small. I just can't get the hang of posting pictures.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Needed to consolidate internal hdds into one big drive and solid state so....

8tb.jpg

6.48TB usable after 10% user over provisioning space allocated. Not bad. My dream way back when I got my first SSD, a 120GB Crucial, was to one day have all storage on SSDs and that day has arrived.

Edit* words.

Last edited:
Soldato
The ***** won't even activate our cabinet so we can receive fibre, and yet they're out in force elsewhere giving people Gigabit internet. How is this fair?

Get onto your local council. There's grant money to upgrade not-spots from central Gov.

Our town centre got purposely missed by OpenReach here as "insufficient demand" (yet they did all the residential areas on the same exchange) ... so local council applied for a grant to get it fibre'd up about 3 years ago.

Same with Mum's village - she was stuck on 3Mbps ADSL as it was miles from the nearest exchange. OpenReach enabled it for FTTP last month, now she's on 200Mbit for £5 a month extra!

Back
Top Bottom