What watch do you wear?

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Just saw that.

They got a couple bits wrong though, the movements are all Sellita now, and the patina won't change over time much at all on Stowa bronze cases. Nevertheless, awesome to see it in the list :cool:

Edit*

Going by Stowa's claims of course as they apply a treatment to it to stop any type of green patina and corrosion forming. The surface may texture a little more depending on what kind of liquid it is exposed to from what they said to me directly,a and this holds true as I have washed mine multiple times (Covid hygiene and all that) and the surface has nicely gained a few more additional texture bits: At first glance you won't notice any difference to 2 months ago though.

aged_gif.gif

Still love it!

wristshot_roomlighting.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
I was such a vocal critic of Christopher Ward in their earlier days, but they are moving forward in leaps and bounds and their current offerings are so good that there are not many if any brands that can touch them for value for money.

Soldato
I like quite a few of their offerings. The normal divers are nice. Quite like the look of that sport watch too (c63 sealander elite) with the concealable crown, I’ve never seen that before. I thought it was quite cool !

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
They really did mess up with their awful dial logo being so distracting and massive. Why could they just not keep the old one? Other than that some of the models are very very nice and with these regular DFS style sales, are very good value too. Just that dial logo really lets all of them down.

Associate
I've got a mk2 blue Trident (one of my most worn watches) and far prefer the older wavy dial and chunky hands to the newer mk3 style - but they are great watches, especially for the £. I also have one of their older moonphases, so I do like a CW... Like Panthro, I've not got a bronze, and the CW bronze with the textured blue dial looks stunning to me, but I still think I'd sway towards the Baltic blue Aquascaphe...

told myself no more watches this year, and I really should wait for a grail watch next, but do keep looking at that Baltic, and a Mr Jones, and a couple other...

Back
Top Bottom