UEFA Euro 2020 Semi Finals ** spoilers ** [6th - 7th July 2021]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Capodecina
Soldato
But that is the game. Denmark were lacking in fitness and England were hammering them constantly in extra time.

Indeed. After that second goal it was clear that was it. Everyone was questioning Southgate and his lack of substitutions but he seemed to focus on teamwork and endurance.

Soldato
Damsgaard was their best player - I jumped for joy when they subbed him :D

Well deserved England, looking forward to a cracking final against Italy, whatever the result.

Soldato
NEW: An Italian TV commentator reportedly just said - in English - that "football's diving home."

I was just thinking this: we can't complain about the italians diving to win it when Sterling "felt contact and went down" i.e. dived when he didn't need to. It doesn't feel like a win, it feels like a cheat. I can't get excited I really can't. If we'd got a 3rd I'd be happier.

Damsgaard was their best player - I jumped for joy when they subbed him :D
Me too. It was almost as crazy as taking Saka off to bring on Grealish, and then subbing him shortly after.

Also does anyone remember Spurs celebrating that semi-final win for the CL, and then what happened next. That's why I'm not celebrating. oh and do you remember who their striker was then?

We've got two strikers who seem more keen to go down in the box than put the ball in the net. It's not that they don't try, but it's not what I want to see. If that's what modern football is it's not an improvement. We can do better. And as other's have said this squad is capable of so much more.

Last edited:
Caporegime
As a half Italian and half English person it feels like a win win, though I prefer Italy to win, will feel deserved unlike the easy route England had.

Downside is I get **** from both sides

I would hardly say that Italy had that much of a harder route to the final.

Caporegime
People saying Sterling dived did you see the VAR angle they showed later?

I thought there was no contact at the time too, but the other angle they showed later clearly showed contact, from the first tackle.
It was indisputable, and will be why the VAR ruling didn't change the refs decision.

Caporegime
People saying Sterling dived did you see the VAR angle they showed later?

I thought there was no contact at the time too, but the other angle they showed later clearly showed contact, from the first tackle.
It was indisputable, and will be why the VAR ruling didn't change the refs decision.
Good enough for me, penalty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom