UEFA Euro 2020 Semi Finals ** spoilers ** [6th - 7th July 2021]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
"does his foot make contact? I can't see any there" Lee dixon's commentary says it all.
You won't see it from that angle (it's the same angle they use to show "faked" punches in movies) you have to see it from directly behind or in front of Sterling. There is contact and even minimal contact can make you trip, so it is a clear penalty.

Associate
Absolutely never a pen. Anyone saying it's a pen must be English and must ask themselves if that was giving against them if they'd be happy. IMO the replies make it even worse, the behind angle shows how little contact is even made an absolute joke.

A2Z

A2Z

Soldato
What a joke. Maehle blatantly sweeps Stirlings leg and trips him. VAR double checked it.
You do realise that video you included shows there was NO contact? Clearly shows Sterling on his way down already, when he brushes against the leg. Blatant dive.

Haven't seen the other angles that have been mentioned.

Caporegime
Man of Honour
OP
Gonna be a long night for the blue light brigade, haven't heard this many sirens at night since the height of the pandemic!

Went for a quick bike ride and the scenes would make you think we've won the whole lot! Drunks climbing scaffolds, a couple of busses smashed up, a group of lads fighting, we're going to need the army if we actually win the bloody thing :D

Soldato
You do realise that video you included shows there was NO contact? Clearly shows Sterling on his way down already, when he brushes against the leg. Blatant dive.

Haven't seen the other angles that have been mentioned.

LOL it does show contact and oh look another video showing contact.

Ta ta troll.

Soldato
Soldato
There's obviously contact and that's not a great location to be doing that so downright weird to be vehemently calling it not a penalty.

Probably just people hearing someone they like saying it so decided to take that favoured opinion and run with it.

Caporegime
If that penalty is given against you you're furious. I don't think it was a pen, having seen the replay multiple times.

Football is a contact sport and not all contact is a foul. I think it's quite likely Sterling could easily have stayed on his feet, despite the minimal contact.

Soldato
...Football is a contact sport and not all contact is a foul. I think it's quite likely Sterling could easily have stayed on his feet, despite the minimal contact.
Football is not a contact sport! The person that first coined that that specious line needs to be covered in custard pie!

Boxing is a contact sport, wrestling is a contact sport, judo is a contact sport... need I go on? Football is a sport in which contact can be made BUT if that contact, no matter how minimal, causes a player to trip and fall then that is deemed a foul. It's as simple as that.

As the video abundantly demonstrates this was a foul and because it was in the box it is a penalty.

Soldato
Football is not a contact sport! The person that first coined that that specious line needs to be covered in custard pie!

Boxing is a contact sport, wrestling is a contact sport, judo is a contact sport... need I go on? Football is a sport in which contact can be made BUT if that contact, no matter how minimal, causes a player to trip and fall then that is deemed a foul. It's as simple as that.

As the video abundantly demonstrates this was a foul and because it was in the box it is a penalty.

Football is a contact sport.

Non-contact sport is stuff like tennis, where the players have no means of touching each other.

Associate

Yes, football it is a contact sport but not a FULL contact sport. I think that's where your getting confused.

Get in England, in a final, didn't think i'd see that in my lifetime lololol.

Associate
I don't care what anyone says we're IN THE FINAL!!! LETS ******* GO ENGLAND pub had lock in just got home gotta be up at 6 but it was worth it!!! Atmosphere was ELECTRIC!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom