To whom you sign off texts with a kiss?

Man of Honour
My parents used to sign off messages with LOL. Which to them, meant “lots of love”. It resulted in some unintentional humour. My favourite was along the lines of:

“Thank you so much for making the effort of coming to the funeral today. We all really appreciated it - LOL! Xxx”

Soldato
My parents used to sign off messages with LOL. Which to them, meant “lots of love”. It resulted in some unintentional humour. My favourite was along the lines of:

“Thank you so much for making the effort of coming to the funeral today. We all really appreciated it - LOL! Xxx”

Brilliant! :D

Associate
Random thought of a boring Friday night,

My family signs off every text to each other with a xx. I do it to mum, dad, brother, pretty much everyone in my family. I also do it on texts to certain friends. My mate though thought it was strange when I did it to him.

To me it’s just a nice symbol of affection to people you care about.

How about you? Do you sign off your texts with such a gesture?

Seeing as it's you rob xx

Caporegime

My dad does the same…well until my niece pointed out to him that lol usually means laugh out loud but he’s adamant to this day it means lots of love :p. Bless the old man.

As for texting and ending with kisses ie x’s. Only my wife gets them, my mum I’ll always say love you at end of each text.

Associate
Mum gets one x without fail, mother in law gets one x if I get one or more x from her, the wife gets none apart from one x if she sends me one and I’m feeling generous, best mate gets the odd one now and again after alcohol, and funnily enough I probably give my manager at work more x than my best mate, and missus combined, but not as much as my mum.

Back
Top Bottom