Ghost of Tsushima - July 17th

Soldato
Soldato
UK pricing looks to be:
£15.99 for the PS4 Directors Cut upgrade
£24.99 for the PS5 Directors Cut upgrade
£9.00 if you already have PS4 Directors Cut to upgrade to the PS5 version.

Copied from Resetera. Checked the store and the PS4 upgrade is there at £15.99.

Soldato
I loved this game (Got the Plat not long after release) and the DC on PS5 grabbed my interest but not at that much.

Sony need to rethink these pricing structures, I feel they are going to hurt them in the long run.

Soldato
£15.99 is about right for DLC but the extra £9 is somewhat annoying. I paid £15 for the FF7R Yuffie DLC recently for 6-7 hours and that felt about right but the PS5 enhancements were free if you already bought the game. Depends how much game there is in this new island I suppose.

Associate
I’m fine with the optional £9 upgrade here. They’ve already unlocked the framerate on PS5. Sorting all the Japanese lip syncing would’ve taken some time to do.

Soldato
Think I might grab this seeing as ive just got a PS5. Is there a ps5 version of it? Look good and I like me.a good rpg.

There's an updated PS5 version which benefits FPS and loading times and it looks and plays wonderfully. Or you could wait for the Director's Cut version which will be even more of an upgrade + DLC. That's set you back £69.99 though so it might be better to get the PS4 disk second hand and upgrade it through the PS5 then decide if it's worth getting the DLC later.

Associate
There's an updated PS5 version which benefits FPS and loading times and it looks and plays wonderfully. Or you could wait for the Director's Cut version which will be even more of an upgrade + DLC. That's set you back £69.99 though so it might be better to get the PS4 disk second hand and upgrade it through the PS5 then decide if it's worth getting the DLC later.

Nice, yeah I read about the directors cut version. I'd be happy with just a normal ps5 version. That's out now then?

Soldato
Typical. More £70 PS5 games from Sony :rolleyes:

... And this isn't even a new ps5 exclusive title. Just a 60 FPS port of a year old PS4 title with an expansion pack....

Soldato
So the only upgrade is really some faster loading and haptics being used?
DlC aside I don't personally think that's worth the asking price. Had they given the tech update free and released dlc separate I may have bitten.

Soldato
So the only upgrade is really some faster loading and haptics being used?
DlC aside I don't personally think that's worth the asking price. Had they given the tech update free and released dlc separate I may have bitten.

Load times are pretty incredible already. You also get lip sync for Japanese dialogue. Not much for £9. I'll probably buy it because I loved the game but I might wait for a sale on it haven't decided yet.

Associate
Load times are pretty incredible already. You also get lip sync for Japanese dialogue. Not much for £9. I'll probably buy it because I loved the game but I might wait for a sale on it haven't decided yet.

Currently, the game can be rendered at 4K60 on PS5 but the version running is from the PS4 due to backwards compatibility. Not sure if this means checkerboarding is used.

"We’re also happy to confirm that Ghost of Tsushima, Ghost of Tsushima: Legends, and the new Iki Island expansion will all take advantage of haptic feedback and adaptive triggers in the Director’s Cut. There will also be enhancements to 3D audio* on PS5, as well as drastically improved load times, 4K resolution options** and framerates targeting 60 FPS." https://blog.playstation.com/2021/0...arrives-on-ps5-and-ps4-consoles-on-august-20/

The above implies there will be settings to choose from such as performance mode that runs the game in dynamic resolution locking the game at 60fps (with PS5 visual enhancements) and a quality mode offering native 4K and all the visual goodies but dynamic fps.

Soldato
Currently, the game can be rendered at 4K60 on PS5 but the version running is from the PS4 due to backwards compatibility. Not sure if this means checkerboarding is used.

"We’re also happy to confirm that Ghost of Tsushima, Ghost of Tsushima: Legends, and the new Iki Island expansion will all take advantage of haptic feedback and adaptive triggers in the Director’s Cut. There will also be enhancements to 3D audio* on PS5, as well as drastically improved load times, 4K resolution options** and framerates targeting 60 FPS." https://blog.playstation.com/2021/0...arrives-on-ps5-and-ps4-consoles-on-august-20/

The above implies there will be settings to choose from such as performance mode that runs the game in dynamic resolution locking the game at 60fps (with PS5 visual enhancements) and a quality mode offering native 4K and all the visual goodies but dynamic fps.

I'll probably see what DF make of it before I decide. I mean graphically it already looks amazing with current PS5 patch, but if they are taking it even further I might just bite for another play through then the DLC. Audio enhancements are nice to have as well as I use the Pulse 3D headset 100% of the time. Games with 3D enhancements implemented properly (Demon's Souls, R&C, Returnal) have all been amazing to play with headphones.

Back
Top Bottom