It's too hot :(

Capodecina
Soldato
Last hot day today, back to 'normal' tomorrow.

Weekend of thunderstorms ahead here in London.

Stay cool plan for the day:

Curtains shielding rooms from the sun

Fan blowing at my WFH desk

Fridge loaded with cold drinks, including iced latte

No cooker use, Outdoor BBQ or cold meals

Back and front door both open periodically to allow the meagre draught through

Hot tub on a cool setting after work

Late evening walk before bed in the cooler air

Have I missed anything?

I take it by cold meals you mean refrigerated stuff? A cold meat platter, potato salad, tomato and herb salad, taramasalata + pitta, prawn cocktail etc, all that kind of stuff would go down a treat.

Soldato
Last hot day today, back to 'normal' tomorrow.

Weekend of thunderstorms ahead here in London.

I take it by cold meals you mean refrigerated stuff? A cold meat platter, potato salad, tomato and herb salad, taramasalata + pitta, prawn cocktail etc, all that kind of stuff would go down a treat.

Yes, salad with cold meat, I'd prefer this to BBQ because even though BBQ doesn't heat the house, it heats the body.

Soldato
Fridge loaded with cold drinks, including iced latte
can probably start a separate thread ... but isn't a mug of hot tea better ... Raj weren't drinking iced latte on the lawns.

Fortunately shop told me they will delay shipping on some chocolate purchased online ... may need to relocate in house bars.

Soldato
can probably start a separate thread ... but isn't a mug of hot tea better ... Raj weren't drinking iced latte on the lawns

I've heard about this, but any hot drinks lately just bring me out in a sweat. I don't know the laws of thermodynamics but logic tells me that a hot liquid ingested will raise core temperature.

Soldato
Very happy I'm off work until Saturday now, when it's forecast to rain and drop the temp several degrees. I hate rain but I certainly won't mind a few days of it now,even though I work outside.

Associate
I've heard about this, but any hot drinks lately just bring me out in a sweat. I don't know the laws of thermodynamics but logic tells me that a hot liquid ingested will raise core temperature.
I’m convinced the drinking tea to cool down is lie perpetuated by Big Tea to increase tea sales. I just get sweatier.

Back
Top Bottom