Beers of the World - Mk 5 *** RULES AND SIGNUP HERE ***

Soldato
OP
Anywhere on the label was discounted due to commonplace words like "trademark", but I'm curious as to the others as well. I have 2 very risky options :D.
@Bickaxe does Mark have to be in the beer name, or can we include brewery? What about anywhere on the label?

In the beer name only. A name that could easily be combined with other words, guess its a good thing my name isn't Trevor really.

Soldato
can you imagine everyone entering that? I'd have to start awarding negative points.

The way i'm going i'm surprised you've not started doing that!

On a side note and looking well into the future. How are you finding the admin side of this? I know in the past it's got a bit much for people whilst resulted in the comp being abandoned with no-one willing to take over. It would be good to get a good run again.

Perhaps the competitors could all chip in a fiver to buy the host a few beers :)

Soldato
OP
It's pretty easy actually. Takes me about 30 mins every Sunday morning.
The spreadsheet is set up so it's just filling in the info for the beer. I've added extra columns for further data such as brewery, beer type, strength etc.. which I'll summarise at the end.

Don't chip any money in, I anyway have a fridge full of beer I keep forgetting about as I go to the pub.

I have friends over this weekend so results will be delayed until they have left.

Soldato
OP
Does providing the Untappd link help (like I do)? If so may be worth asking everyone to do it, if they don't already.

It does if there are variations of the same beer. Some have different releases for different countries or different years. Its the same beer in effect but I'll use the most logical if it's not clear.
I tend to use the app rather than the site. I think of all the entries, I've only had to ask for clarification twice.
By all means provide the link, it did help me find it a little quicker if it's not obvious.

Soldato
I have one which I’ve submitted, after a bit of deliberation decided to double down and play the Jester as well. Wasn’t sure if someone else would have it as there obviously aren’t that many beers out there fitting the category.

Haha same here. I figured the guaranteed 2 bonus points was sufficient to play the jester.

Although now I’m thinking about it it could be a mistake if 5 people all play the same beer!

Back
Top Bottom