Cash is only used by the poor or elderly

Associate
Ever walked into a store and frustratingly waited while someone paid in cash?

The elderly thing I get, it was the way, back in yonder times. The poor I don't get, surely your dole money goes into a bank account?

Soldato
How do you know the poor all pay in cash have you conducted a nationwide survey?

We are heading to a cashless society another step toward a one world government.

'You will own nothing and be happy.'

Soldato
People just end up with cash sometimes. I don't know about you but unless it's upwards of about £50 I won't bother paying it into the bank as I rarely pass one, so I'll just use it.

I think your assumption about cash being for the poor is absurd, and you've pointed out why yourself. Of course it goes into their bank account.

Soldato
Reading this makes me sad. I must be poor and old :(

But then again I remember in another topic because I went to uni I must be privileged and earning a good wage (not Gucci belt territory though) :)

Pointless assumption is pointless by the OP.

Soldato
There's not many things that would lead the British to a violent revolution, but getting rid of cash is one of them.

Tradesmen would be kicking down the doors of parliament if they actually had to pay their tax in full.

Soldato
Cash is "real". For people with a shaky grip on their finances, having it in their hand can be a lot easier to understand than having to keep a mental tally of what's in the bank account or checking several times a day.

Soldato
I like going into shops and watching an old lady pull out a huge wad of 20 pound notes to pay for her shopping. It reminds me of the 90s. Before all this tech carry-on swept the world :p

Soldato
One thing I don’t understand are customers paying with cash yet wearing disposable gloves! What’s that about? Cash is one of most germy things you can touch.

Then two hospitals i have used only accept cash on pay and display machines. Yet a council near me take card payment for 30p charge.

My hairdresser only takes cash.

Back
Top Bottom