• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

FINALLY A DEAL ON GPU'S - IT HAS BEEN TOO LONG (NVIDIA 3060 & 3060Ti) !!

Soldato
Where/when are these so easy to get? I've got various stock alerts on discord but haven't seen a 3060ti FE recently.

You need telegram app on your phone. Fe partalert.

If you read the founders edition thread there is plenty of instructions on how to get one. Took me 4 days after using telegram to get my 3080ti.

They drop once a week so as long as you have your phone on you when it texts you can buy one.

Associate
You need telegram app on your phone. Fe partalert.

If you read the founders edition thread there is plenty of instructions on how to get one. Took me 4 days after using telegram to get my 3080ti.

They drop once a week so as long as you have your phone on you when it texts you can buy one.

Thanks, i'll take a look!

Soldato
To add to the above post.. I am logged in and see this:

bTDwmKg.png

But if I am not logged in I see this:

Edit: Removed picture as well but it is similar as to what FlailingNinja sent to you Gibbo

So yes, I can see the thread @Gibbo but I can not post in it ! :p

Unless it is restricted to UK only of course ??

Last edited:
Associate
I thought that forum member deals sub forum didn't exist. I was not able to see it during the test they did a while back. Thought it was never turned on! But I can see it now, but as above, no threads in it when logged in.

Associate
You can see the voucher codes when not logged in. The voucher is for item now out of stock so hopefully they can fix prior to the next code being posted.

Yeah just noticed that, weird that I can view the posts there while not logged in but can't when I am. I assume they are doing some changes right now.

Soldato
I thought that forum member deals sub forum didn't exist. I was not able to see it during the test they did a while back. Thought it was never turned on! But I can see it now, but as above, no threads in it when logged in.
looks like the issues were solved as can now be seen,not sure what the requirements are though before someone asks

Associate
To be fair, that's not much above RRP. It's a very good deal.

Feels like a good deal because it's novel to see a new card available for less than £400.

In reality however, it really sucks.

Anyway, great to see stock coming through - the price crash is well under way :)

Associate
Can someone who does have access the the restricted bit post on the first thread it can be seen when not logged in?

I know I'm effectively restricting myself but i can wait, just don't want a scalper getting their greasy paws on any of the deals. Sucks it has to be done this way but i understand why it has to be :(

Caporegime
The 3060 deal was 20% above MSRP. There's a 3080 in-stock for 28% above MSRP so not much more.

If 20% above MSRP warrants an "OMG" reaction then surely 28% above is an okay deal?
I think it's fair to say that only nV have actual RRPs, for the FE cards.

The AIBs either deliberately scrapped or never had an RRP in the first place, or have increased them a couple times already (see Asus, etc).

So presumably what most people mean by "above RRP" is "above FE price".

Although I personally wouldn't have paid above FE price, and was lucky enough to get an FE, the AIB cards aren't the FE model. Which isn't to say they're better, as the FE cards kick ass, but they can't necessarily match the FE price with their non-FE cards.

Soldato
I think it's fair to say that only nV have actual RRPs, for the FE cards.

The AIBs either deliberately scrapped or never had an RRP in the first place, or have increased them a couple times already (see Asus, etc).

So presumably what most people mean by "above RRP" is "above FE price".

Although I personally wouldn't have paid above FE price, and was lucky enough to get an FE, the AIB cards aren't the FE model. Which isn't to say they're better, as the FE cards kick ass, but they can't necessarily match the FE price with their non-FE cards.

Palit GeForce RTX 2070 - £389.99 (price on 07/11/2019)
Inno3D GeForce RTX 3060 - £359.99 (price on 27/07/2021)

Both of those have about the same performance. There is no generational improvement. Even at MSRP they`re expensive. Yet people say MSRP is unrealistically low.

The higher-end cards are far better value but you need a far bigger wallet to buy one which is ironic.

Check out this link from two years ago

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/foru...it-some-black-friday-deals-are-here.18869586/

Caporegime
Palit GeForce RTX 2070 - £389.99 (price on 07/11/2019)
Inno3D GeForce RTX 3060 - £359.99 (price on 27/07/2021)

Both of those have about the same performance. There is no generational improvement. Even at MSRP they`re expensive. Yet people say MSRP is unrealistically low.

The higher-end cards are far better value but you need a far bigger wallet to buy one which is ironic.

Check out this link from two years ago

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/foru...it-some-black-friday-deals-are-here.18869586/
Yeah that's fair enough. I think today people are just feeling lucky to get something that's not outright awful value for money, thanks to the pandemic (and crypto).

Something like the 6700XT at £800 is, in fact, awful :p And yet that's where we've been sitting for a while. Compared to that, a 3060Ti at £400 is a steal :p

But as I've said myself, a xx60 card at £400 is - in a normal year - not ideal. Nothing to write home about, and more than many xx60 buyers traditionally will have been paying.

Back
Top Bottom