• Digital Only Version

Votes: 170 16.1%
  • UHD Optical Version

Votes: 659 62.3%
  • Unlikely to buy either

Votes: 228 21.6%

• Total voters
Soldato
So, just got mine and set it up. My question is, does it download the latest PS5 patch when installing the game? I'm currently installing ghost of tsushima. How would I know if it has the PS5 patch applied? Is there any way of telling?

Press the option button on the game on the dashboard and scroll down to "check game version" (or something like that) and it will show which version you're on. It's a bit of a faff and I think that the Smart Delivery system that Xbox uses is a much better system.

Soldato
So, just got mine and set it up. My question is, does it download the latest PS5 patch when installing the game? I'm currently installing ghost of tsushima. How would I know if it has the PS5 patch applied? Is there any way of telling?
PS4 games actually say "PS4" in their description, so if it's just saying the game name - then it's the PS5 version.
So take "Control" for example, if it says "Control" - you're running the PS5 version as the PS4 version will say "Control PS4".

If you're on about a patch to take advantage of the PS5 rather than a PS5 version (so it gets a performance boost, however can still be played from an external drive) then that is automatically downloaded, so as long as you're fully patched, then you have the performance patch.

The process on the PS5 isn't as difficult as many make out - as long as you're running the latest version of a game, you're automatically running any PS5 performance patch that exists.
If you're running the PS4 version of a game that has a PS5 version, just select the contents, download the PS5 version and delete the PS4 one.

Caporegime
It's going to be a whole 12 months after launch and still many people won't have been able to get one.

When has that ever happened before... And they're still being scalped, and probably still will be in November 2021.

Soldato
Must be 9 million to scalpers and 1m normal buyers according to some.
Indeed - the fallacies are:

Scalpers have got them all
Scalpers have got most of them
Scalpers have got half of them
Scalpers have got a third of them
Scalpers have got a significant percentage of them

Last week I secured two consoles (accidentally - I needed one for my brother in law and I planned on cancelling another order but was too late - that has ended up with another relative).
This morning when I clicked on the alert I could have bought one from Amazon. On Saturday evening there was another alert for Amazon warehouse and when I clicked the link there were 2 "damaged box" PS5 for £15 off.

I'm not using bots, I'm not using anything more advanced than an app on my phone, yet I could have had 4 consoles in the last week.

Soldato
Yet they just hit 10 million sold and the fastest selling console to date, imagine when they are freely available.

Worst launch in history, 10 million have probaly stressed and wasted a lot of time trying to get one.

I am just going to wait for the revision with less power consumption that they always do with consoles

Soldato
There was a PS4 drought for a long time after launch. In the end I just traded in my 360 and games for one at CeX because I couldn't get hold of a new one. Such short memories people have.

V F

V F

Soldato
There was a PS4 drought for a long time after launch. In the end I just traded in my 360 and games for one at CeX because I couldn't get hold of a new one. Such short memories people have.

Define long time. Back then you could actually click a pre-order button. Today you cannot for the PS5.

Soldato
Define long time. Back then you could actually click a pre-order button. Today you cannot for the PS5.

Surely pre-order means ordering something before it has been released? This is not that.

I was checking stock informer daily well into the year after launch for both the PS4 and the XB1. Sure, the PS5 may have stretched that out a bit but then it's selling more than the PS4 did at launch and we're in the middle of a pandemic. But to say there has never been stock shortages in the past is nonsense.

Back
Top Bottom