• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

VR card for 500 ?

Associate
I've had a 1060 Ti 3gb for about 6 years. I want to play some fairly undemanding PCVR games via my quest 2 and it's not quite cutting it.

Can you recommended me a card? I have a ryzen 5 3600 cpu and 16gb of ram.

The cards that seem to be a decent upgrade cost about 650 quid. I'm not particularly price sensitive, but RRP for these kinds of cards appears to be roughly 350.

Does this mean I just have to wait for stock to come in, to buy sub 500?

Associate
OP
What does try your luck mean!?

If I want to buy from overclockers what are my optoins, just keep random checking listings? There doesn't seem to be 'alert me when in stock' messsages.

Does this mean no stock realisticaly expected? In which case are overclockers not allowed to raise prices to 'market' rates?

Confused tbh!

Soldato
What does try your luck mean!?

If I want to buy from overclockers what are my optoins, just keep random checking listings? There doesn't seem to be 'alert me when in stock' messsages.

Does this mean no stock realisticaly expected? In which case are overclockers not allowed to raise prices to 'market' rates?

Confused tbh!
FE cards only drop from one supplier, can't name it so you'll have to google it.

If you want to buy from overclockers, check the forum graphics cards section. There was a recent drop with pretty good deals by Gibbo, 3060 and 3060ti's for £400ish. Lowest i've seen for a 3070 is £650 when there was a forum members deal.

Stock drops randomly and usually without warning on ocuk, except maybe a forum thread alert. You can set to "watch forum" on different sub sections to get email alerts when someone posts a new thread, its a good way to keep upto date.

Permabanned
Seems to be a few 3060/3060ti and 3070 drops as of late or at least compared to the last year.

@Jay85 is right though and a 3070FE or a 3060ti is going to be your best bet really given the mark up you will pay on older second hand cards which will offer nowhere near as much value.

Back
Top Bottom