Amazon Prime sucks massive donkey balls

Associate
For expensive items they give you a one-time code you have to read out to the delivery person. Nothing to do with whether it's late or not but you can be sure they keep close track of such items.

Man of Honour
Just the NHS left and that one might actually set me up for life

I've dealt with 1000s of Clinical Negligence cases and unless you're a child with cerebal palsy or we made you quadraplegic after an operation you will never be setup for life.
When we lose cases I see the breakdown so it would have to be a good one to be setup for life.

Soldato
For expensive items they give you a one-time code you have to read out to the delivery person. Nothing to do with whether it's late or not but you can be sure they keep close track of such items.
Do they? That's interesting. I had a 3k watch delivered and the bloke was more than happy to leave it on the door step.

Soldato
Do they? That's interesting. I had a 3k watch delivered and the bloke was more than happy to leave it on the door step.
I had a PS5 delivered Thursday and had to give a code which the driver had to enter into their PDA before letting me have it.

Also, why on earth would anyone buy a 3k watch from Amazon? Was it a third party seller?

Soldato
I had a PS5 delivered Thursday and had to give a code which the driver had to enter into their PDA before letting me have it.

Also, why on earth would anyone buy a 3k watch from Amazon? Was it a third party seller?
Ah apologies missed the bit that it was specific to Amazon. That's a clever system tho.

Associate
I have never had a problem with Amazon beyond the odd item being dispatched a day later than expected until now. All because the sent some low value Realky Useful Boxes with Hermes rather than their own drivers.

The big boxes I ordered were delivered relatively unscathed and and early on yesterday. The two small boxes worth less than £6 combined have been unexplainably delayed with now further info. Although Amazon's side of the tracking thinks a delivery attempt was made.

The annoying thing is I was going to buy them locally a week ago but put it off and then no one had them. I will have to wait until Monday for Hermes CS to wake up again :p.

Associate
I was surprised Amazon used Hermes for their fulfillment, so I double checked I didn't screw up but I definitely order Amazon goods.

Their are a few third party sellers I am okay with but I avoid them due to the hassle it can cause with returns.

Associate
I was surprised Amazon used Hermes for their fulfillment, so I double checked I didn't screw up but I definitely order Amazon goods.

Their are a few third party sellers I am okay with but I avoid them due to the hassle it can cause with returns.

Amazon seem to love Hermes a lot and would rather just refund everytime something goes missing.

Soldato

Region dependant. They use the lowest bidder wherever and it may also be product line dependant.

Associate
This is possibly the first real issue I may have had with Hermes too. I usually avoid them due to the lack of accurate timeliness and inability to collect parcels easily but some companies use them without warning.

They are now claiming they tried to deliver it this morning. We were on a Teams meeting sat the table in front of the window with direct line of sight to our entire open driveway and the cul-de-sac turning circle. No one can approach our house, let alone our door, without us seeing at the time they claim.

They have now said it is on hold and they require further details but are making nigh on impossible to find out what :p. I would be angry if it was something valuable but for £6 worth of non-essential plastic boxes I am curious what the excuses are. I will see if I get an email response in the alloted 48 hour window before contacting Amazon. I have too much to do than to sit on the the phone over it :D.

Soldato
When did Amazon start messing with cookies ? they seem to have messed with the your items display, showing pictures 3-up now, but, also,
presented an accept cookies request I'd never had before. ... is this the start of a new thing beautiful relationship

Soldato
Last time I tried to order a bunch of CD's and DVD's and not having Prime it proved impossible to find enough to qualify for free £20+ delivery, this didn't qualify, no not that either, nope not that. Gave up and ordered from HMV online which is stilll a thing apparently for the same price, free delivery no problem and very fast too.

Associate
I have a 15kg dumbell / barbell set meant to come tomorrow on Hermes but it was a third party seller. I kind of needed it when I ordered it a week ago cos my whole body feels like its melting now and mere squats and pushups are hardly doing a thing.

Found some spine decompress exercises on YouTube that literally gave my whole back orgasmic relief. I need weights to squat with and lift asap before I turn into a puddle.

Soldato
I wouldnt say it sucks massive donkey balls ( :D ) but I ordered something yesterday on prime and it says arriving Friday 28th. Delivered and sold by Amazon.
There were two available when I ordered mine. After ordering, the one that was left could be ordered and said order within 1 hour 30 for delivery by Thursday 27th.

Why if I ordered later (the same item) did the arrival date change to a day earlier? :confused: I was half tempted to order the one for delivery Thursday then cancel my order that is due to arrive Friday!

My order says

Arriving:
Friday, May 28

Your delivery option:
prime_39x10.png
Premium Delivery

Your delivery preference:
Dispatch item(s) as soon as they become available.

The one available after mine showed delivery by Thur 27th

Soldato
I've had 3 different orders with prime this week all delivered by DPD 1 item was £3 , this cant be very economical for Amazon tho it is handy to get the 1 hr time slot.

Soldato
I have a 15kg dumbell / barbell set meant to come tomorrow on Hermes but it was a third party seller. I kind of needed it when I ordered it a week ago cos my whole body feels like its melting now and mere squats and pushups are hardly doing a thing.

Found some spine decompress exercises on YouTube that literally gave my whole back orgasmic relief. I need weights to squat with and lift asap before I turn into a puddle.
Don't forget to drop the parcel on your foot, assuming you can lift it in the first place, you might be able to claim a few more quid.

Associate
Well today is the first time I've had a 'Will be delivered today (sunday) / fulfilled by Amazon' item sent on Royal Mail 24, who don't deliver on sundays.

Suppose a partial prime membership refund is in order, ofc will have to wait until tomorrow.

Soldato
the only problem i ever had with amazon was when my account was hacked and i found out they have several security flaws such as self service lockers and instant gift cards for items traded in that have not been sent yet and the ability to add a 2nd name, address, mobile number to an account, and the ability to archive past orders to make them vanish. All of which the hacker knew about and used fully

Caporegime
Well today is the first time I've had a 'Will be delivered today (sunday) / fulfilled by Amazon' item sent on Royal Mail 24, who don't deliver on sundays.

Suppose a partial prime membership refund is in order, ofc will have to wait until tomorrow.

Royal Mail are trailing Sunday delivery service. Had something delivered by them on a Sunday a few weeks ago.

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-56362491

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2021/03/12/royal-mail-takes-amazon-sunday-parcel-deliveries/

Back
Top Bottom