******Official Star Citizen / Squadron 42 Thread******

Soldato
I've done over 30 resets and still have all the ships/vehicles I bought since 3.9 or whenever it was that persistence became a thing. Never lost cash, either.
Stuff like ammo, random armour and the odd component may go missing, though.

Soldato
Several players insisted that I would go back to default, ie starting aUEC and only the ships & kit I'd paid real money for, which is what the CIG website itself strongly implies...
However, I did indeed keep everything I'd earned in-game, from ships to components to clothing/armour.

Now the only issues are the altered ship stats, meaning I can't actually fit the old components, and the problem with the MobiGlas interface not saving & applying the changes even though they appear to be applied on the actual assets.

Well, that and the usual framerate/lag/server/30k every five minutes problems, but those seem par for the course.
I might even make it to another planet one of these days!

Soldato
Several players insisted that I would go back to default, ie starting aUEC and only the ships & kit I'd paid real money for, which is what the CIG website itself strongly implies...
However, I did indeed keep everything I'd earned in-game, from ships to components to clothing/armour.

Now the only issues are the altered ship stats, meaning I can't actually fit the old components, and the problem with the MobiGlas interface not saving & applying the changes even though they appear to be applied on the actual assets.

Well, that and the usual framerate/lag/server/30k every five minutes problems, but those seem par for the course.
I might even make it to another planet one of these days!
What several players said that?!?!?

If you asked this question in the SC discord channel, 10/10 users would have told you that wont lose your auec :)

The ship loadout is a big buggy as sometimes it appears taht no components have been fitted in your ship, You just got to equipt it again and it should all load up again.

Yesterday i did get a lot of 30k's to be honest. way above normal as 3.13/3.12 wasnt that bad for 30k's.

I suspect CIG will release a 3.14.1 patch very soon to fix some of these issues.

Soldato
What several players said that?!?!?
If you asked this question in the SC discord channel, 10/10 users would have told you that wont lose your auec :)
Actually I did ask on Discord, as well as in game and generally around some IRL players I know.

I hope they do fix all this. As people were saying earlier, they ought to focus on getting the mechanics running properly and optimising everything so it doesn't crash/lag, before they worry about making it look all pretty. That seems to be how most devs dev their games...

Soldato
Actually I did ask on Discord, as well as in game and generally around some IRL players I know.

I hope they do fix all this. As people were saying earlier, they ought to focus on getting the mechanics running properly and optimising everything so it doesn't crash/lag, before they worry about making it look all pretty. That seems to be how most devs dev their games...
THe issue with that approach is that once they fix everything working all fine in orison, guess what happens when they drop another new game feature or another new location?

Same problem ie bugs/issues.

There is a saying in software development.

Whenever you add a new feature, it adds new bugs.

THe game is far from finished so its almost a waste of time trying to spend months/years even fixing existing bugs when the game doesnt even have 50% of its intended launch features.

WHat CIG do instead is to take sure you and i can "test/play" for a decent amount of time to test these new features(like teh new combat changes and orison)

Now the 30k's requires a long term fix ie server meshing.

Right now, CIG are slapping bandages on some of these issues such as 30k and dsync because its pointless trying to spend months and months fixing it when the whole core tech is being replaced very soon which again, will have its own issues.

CIG need to get stuff done and out of the door such as salvaging, medical gameplay, cargo refactor and a dozen more missions, solar systems etc.

ONCE the majority of stuff is in game(Say like 10 star systems and all the t2/gold standard gameplay career mechanics etc, then they can spend a year or two or more fixing all the bugs.

Right now, its way more important for CIG to get the core tech out of the door.

THey have reached a point where they are struggling to add stuff into the existing game's core tech!

Soldato
THe issue with that approach is that once they fix everything working all fine in orison, guess what happens when they drop another new game feature or another new location?
Same problem ie bugs/issues.
There is a saying in software development.
Whenever you add a new feature, it adds new bugs.

So why not fix those bugs now, and then the new bugs as they come along? Surely adding broken stuff on top of already broken stuff just breaks both stuffs even further and makes it harder to find out what broke how/where/why and how to fix it?

Soldato
Surely adding broken stuff on top of already broken stuff just breaks both stuffs even further and makes it harder to find out what broke how/where/why and how to fix it?

If coding worked like that we'd be ******

Thankfully it doesn't, their separate things. They will have people working on bugs and other groups of people working on the new features. It just takes time, you should be use to it :p

Soldato
So why not fix those bugs now, and then the new bugs as they come along? Surely adding broken stuff on top of already broken stuff just breaks both stuffs even further and makes it harder to find out what broke how/where/why and how to fix it?
Because many of the "bugs" are being fixed with the new core tech.

IE the reason why there are certain bugs in the game is because the current core tech cannot cope anymore.

Basically they are doing a lot of refactoring.

In coding sofware, sometimes a refactor is the solution to a problem/bug or a solution to a future feaure or both of what i just mentioned.

In this case take 30k.

The solution to that is to have a server run and track only orison as an example, not the whole stanton system. Also, with that solution, it gives a new feature to the game, ie actual massive mutiplayer battles in space or on planets with more than 50 players.

Another bug, Losing cargo from a disconnect. Say hello to icache. Icache will be able to load up items and track them in your ship in real time and on the background, periodically update those cargo items location etc in the main server instead of how it is now where the game is directly trying to stream content from the backend database. icach is basically RAM memory of the game, and the actual data is persisted/stored in your hard drive.

Soldato
Because many of the "bugs" are being fixed with the new core tech.
Well it all sounds really nice, but in the past two hours of trying to play I had about 45 seconds of frames dropping to single digits every few minutes, three 30ks and four failed attempts at the Enter Ship QTE. With all the effects that had on just NPC combat miles away from every other player I ended up failing six pretty easy missions all in a row.
I don't think I can even be bothered trying to clean-install the thing, if it's going to be that unplayable.

Soldato
Well it all sounds really nice, but in the past two hours of trying to play I had about 45 seconds of frames dropping to single digits every few minutes, three 30ks and four failed attempts at the Enter Ship QTE. With all the effects that had on just NPC combat miles away from every other player I ended up failing six pretty easy missions all in a row.
I don't think I can even be bothered trying to clean-install the thing, if it's going to be that unplayable.
What is your computer specs?

I am also having trouble with 3.14 but its mainly 30k and the ship claiming bug.

My frame rates have been fine.

I suggest waiting for a hot fix patch . One will definitely come!!

Soldato
What is your computer specs?
5960X oc to 4.5, 980Ti on X99 with Sammy 850 Evo and 1Gb fibre.

Frames are fine for the most part, but then randomly tank for almost a minute and not always when other players are nearby, either. I'd guess it's issues at the CIG server ends. Happens on all servers.
Ship entry clipping issue used to only be on the Aurora, but I'm getting it on other ships now.

Associate

Frames are fine for the most part, but then randomly tank for almost a minute and not always when other players are nearby, either. I'd guess it's issues at the CIG server ends. Happens on all servers.
Ship entry clipping issue used to only be on the Aurora, but I'm getting it on other ships now.

Same , tried it last night , performance is perhaps the worst its ever been, went to get into my lancer and clipped through the bulkhead and was trapped there. Logged and tried again, same thing, ended up just using the cargo ramp. Went to land on a planet , gear down and clipped into the ground....
Server performance is just dire. Honestly the excuses are just insulting now, it went from hilarious bugs to game breaking ones, yeah yeah I know it's alpha but seriously........

Soldato

Decent enough spec, whats your ram?

Did you try set the clouds to medium in the graphic settings?

There is a bunch of new graphical settings now you can play around.

If you only have 16gb ram, create a pagefile that has 32gb or more of you have room in your ssd.

Same , tried it last night , performance is perhaps the worst its ever been, went to get into my lancer and clipped through the bulkhead and was trapped there. Logged and tried again, same thing, ended up just using the cargo ramp. Went to land on a planet , gear down and clipped into the ground....
Server performance is just dire. Honestly the excuses are just insulting now, it went from hilarious bugs to game breaking ones, yeah yeah I know it's alpha but seriously........

Its not excuses. i hear ya, I said even i am having trouble with this patch and looking to wait for 3.14.1

It will get fixed.

I have just lowered my expectations in terms of stability and delays.

Eventually these things will be fixed and eventually more tech/features comes too.

But as i said earlier. everytime you add a feature to any game or product in the software development world, your going to introduce bugs.

The difference here is that this game is soo transparant compared to other games So you see things break quite a lot.

Its not excuses i am making. its facts.

There is no point stressing about it. Just try again later this week or whenever they fix the two breaking issues:

ship claiming
30k frequency.

Back
Top Bottom