******Official Star Citizen / Squadron 42 Thread******

Soldato
Only had a few 30k's. Most sessions have been ok for several hours at a time and performance has been relatively fine for me.
Not had an issue with NPC bounty stuff, although ECN missions haven't worked.
Not had the mobiglass thing requiring an account reset, but a couple of our guys have and I've seen it mentioned a lot in chat.
Not had any clipping issues, but I have had several ship despawns when exiting my C2.
Have had the ship claiming bug and done a reset.

If you've played this long enough, you should know by now that it's up and down and major patches can often break (or re-break) other things. No excuses, it's just an unfortunate part of the process.
This one should've stayed in PTU for a while longer though.

Soldato
32GB of DDR4 at 3600MHz, as I recall...

I've dialled down everything I can think of, from medium to low and back again, disabled all the CA and blur, all the usual stuff.

Your system is al fine then. Did you fresh install 3.14 or updated existing 3.13.1? How did 3.13.1 ran for you?

This one should've stayed in PTU for a while longer though.

Its strange but on the PTU, none of these game breakers were there and i tried a fair few of the ptu builds!

I think maybe not a lot of people tried the ptu so the servers on ptu wasnt as stressed as the live servers. Or the live servers should have been copied onto the ptu servers to better reflect how LIVE would work.

Or it could be that because the data in the backend hasnt had a wipe for over 18 months now, maybe the data is all muddled up somewhere?!

I definetly expect some sort of data wipe on 3.15 . At a bare minimum, your personal inventory items being wiped for the highly anticiated icache/personal inventory system

Soldato
Yeah, there's definitely something up with the backend services and most of us have clogged up our inventories with loads of unwanted components/armour/weapons etc. Could definitely do with a spring clean.

Soldato
Your system is al fine then. Did you fresh install 3.14 or updated existing 3.13.1? How did 3.13.1 ran for you?
Fresh install is the only thing I've not done yet. Not had the patience left to re-download anything and faff about.

3.13 was pretty golden from my end. Still a number of 30ks, probably 2-3 per night. Missions often lagged on updating objectives, often for several minutes. NPCs teleported around in combat, things failed to spawn and left me facing open space, and generally stuff just didn't come through from the server end.

Soldato
Fresh install is the only thing I've not done yet. Not had the patience left to re-download anything and faff about.

3.13 was pretty golden from my end. Still a number of 30ks, probably 2-3 per night. Missions often lagged on updating objectives, often for several minutes. NPCs teleported around in combat, things failed to spawn and left me facing open space, and generally stuff just didn't come through from the server end.
potential fix for ship claiming?

Associate
Hopefully that update brings the floor back at Lorville for me.
I was casually checking out some of the ships in the station's shop and a huge chunk of the floor deleted itself at the bottom of the ramp... :cry:

Reported it on the Issue Council.

Associate
Just ran back to the station to check and nope, the floor is still missing in that particular spot for me.
https://i.imgur.com/83SjViU.jpg?1

Anyone else at Lorville spaceport feel like visiting the area where the larger ships are for placed to look at and buy to see if the floor at the bottom of the ramp is missing for anyone else?
If it's just me I think I may need to reinstall.

Soldato
Just had a look, and yes, there's a section missing at the bottom of the stairs :cry:

Star-Citizen-2021-08-10-17-54-07-851.jpg

Oh well, at least it's out of the way :D

Associate
Thanks for checking, so glad it's not just me.
The floor was there in 3.13, I'm curious how they managed to delete the asset in the update.

Here's a report on the Issue Council in case anyone wanted to confirm it's a bug on their end for the devs to address it:
https://issue-council.robertsspaceindustries.com/projects/STAR-CITIZEN/issues/STARC-12269

You can still get to those ship, just have to do some weird parkour over the railing... getting back up is the trickier part.

Associate
Had a pretty good session yesterday after the update. Managed to do a quick bounty and a courier job to deliver 3 packages without any real issue, though the bounty took a little longer than anticipated as I couldn't remember for the life of me how to use missiles and then ran out of ammo on my primary gun.

Was a good fun 2 hour stint though, finished if off with a quick trip over to New Babbage to have a quick look around some of the station.
Not a single game crash after the mini patch.

Soldato
Pretty much the same here. A bunch of us had maybe a 4+hr session without a single disconnect and no issues with missions.
There was a bit of hassle getting everyone loaded in together at first and the mobiglass and ship claim bugs are still a thing, although I didn't suffer from either. I'm sure they'll be squashed soon enough.

@suenstar In case you're still wondering the missiles: middle mouse to enter the mode, right click to select missile type, G to choose the amount and left click to fire.

Associate
Thanks for that, I'll give another bounty mission a go when I'm next on tomorrow to try it out shooting missiles properly.
Last time my solution was mash all the buttons on the Anvil Arrow and hope for the best... I think I actually only won the battle with my bounty target because they partially collided with me and lost most of their armour.

Thinking of giving some mining a go next time as well.
Any recommendations for a good location to try it out for the first time?

Soldato
Scratch the above - They've shortened the wait time!!
Good thing, too, as I actually managed to leave the station this time and get all aligned on a destination before the first 30Ks started coming in...
ahh lovely.

I remember in 3.12? the claim times where huge!

That is how it would be on once the game releases. the claim times will be large!

Had a pretty good session yesterday after the update. Managed to do a quick bounty and a courier job to deliver 3 packages without any real issue, though the bounty took a little longer than anticipated as I couldn't remember for the life of me how to use missiles and then ran out of ammo on my primary gun.

Was a good fun 2 hour stint though, finished if off with a quick trip over to New Babbage to have a quick look around some of the station.
Not a single game crash after the mini patch.

I had a decent session last night too, no 30k crashes but some of my org mates did had to do a char reset as they couldnt join etc.

I nearly had to do a char reset when i lost my clothes and mobiglass, so i logged out, did a gender change and joined a AUS server to see if it worked and it did.

I then rejoined my org mates and all was fine.

A few Dsync issues i had fighting the npc's and my org mate got stuck on the right seat of my 600i until i punched her to death trying to nudge her off LOL

Back
Top Bottom