Significant incident Plymouth

Soldato
Just horrific. I don’t know much about Plymouth, but the reality is this could happen anywhere in the Uk.

When I was living in Texas, colleagues would extol the virtues of ‘home protection’ everytime something like this happened. I used the think they were all nuts, but now and then I catch myself thinking about it :o

Theyre not nuts its just their culture, our culture is "gUns aRe KilLiNg mAcHiNeS wHy Do yOu Need OnE?!?!?!" Forgetting that people stab each other to death in this country all the time.

Our media wont ever show you, "man defends himself with firearm" or "women shoots home invader" its only mass shootings theyre interested in.

Lots of posters itt think they need a gun and that’s the only thing stopping them being a big man able to do big things, when the reality is, they will always be weak and wimpy, it’s their nature, and no amount of equipment will change that. Best to stick to the running shoes.

A gun can level the playing field, a small lady won't have a hope in hell against a large male, like this for instance....

**** no thank you ****

Last edited by a moderator:
Caporegime
Theyre not nuts its just their culture, our culture is "gUns aRe KilLiNg mAcHiNeS wHy Do yOu Need OnE?!?!?!" Forgetting that people stab each other to death in this country all the time.

Our media wont ever show you, "man defends himself with firearm" or "women shoots home invader" its only mass shootings theyre interested in.

A gun can level the playing field, a small lady won't have a hope in hell against a large male, like this for instance....

Nonsense, most people would be too scared to pull the trigger. They cause far more harm being readily available than not available as a defence force.

Last edited:
Associate
Having immediate access to a firearm without a buffer to allow you to rationalise your thought processes, red mist of anger or whatever leads to heat of the moment killings.
This is the main issue with them, not so much owning one in general.

Soldato
Just tragic. RIP to the victims.

My sister lives a couple of miles away. Rationally, I knew there was close to zero chance she could have been affected, but still had a 5 minute panic until I spoke with her.

Soldato
with all due respect to yourself but had that lady had a gun she would most likely be dead now. attempting to draw a firearm in that sort of situation, unless your John Wick is almost always going to result in the attacker taking the weapon from you long before you have the chance to use it.
i am sure there are many videos out there to back up the 'carry for self defence' narrative but this is certainly not one of them.

Soldato
Heard a toddler also got killed during this, while any needless loss of life is tragic, it hits a little harder when it's a young child like this. Unsure if the child was related to him or one of the random murders.

Caporegime
Wish they wouldn't name the guy...though judging from Twitter last night it seemed quite a few people knew who it was

Police have said they havent managed to contact all the families involved yet so have requested the man isnt named (although DM published his name this morning, no surprise)

Fair enough. I wouldnt want to know his name and then worry it was one of my relations which had been killed.

Caporegime
Sounds like it was a guy called Jake Davison who killed his mum and dad, then went berserk and kicked in a family house door to kill 2 adults and their young child!

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2021/08/12/plymouth-shooting-everything-know-incident-keyham/

He was a self-described "Incel"

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/20...g-gunman-said-terminator-final-youtube-video/

He described being “defeated by life” in videos recorded just weeks before the massacre, as he blamed his troubles on not having a girlfriend.

Jake Davison, a 23-year-old apprentice crane operator, described himself on his YouTube channel as an ‘incel’ and made references to the ‘blackpill’ philosophy to which the radical fringe group subscribes.

Edit - Didn't we have somebody here who said they were an Incel? Hope it wasn't them!

Soldato
Eurgh. Go read "Men who hate women" by Laura Bates and you'll know this guys mindset. Horrible ****.

If it is incel ideology that's spurred him on, then the news and police have to call it terrorism.

Soldato
Jeez, this is not something you expect to hear happen within the UK. What a tragic story and such a waste of life.

I really hate how these scumbags always turn the guns on themselves at the end of their rampage. Man enough to take a life but not enough to deal with the consequences. Beyond pathetic. Hopefully those effected have all their friends and family around them at this point.

Sounds like it was a guy called Jake Davison who killed his mum and dad, then went berserk and kicked in a family house door to kill 2 adults and their young child!

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2021/08/12/plymouth-shooting-everything-know-incident-keyham/

He was a self-described "Incel"

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/20...g-gunman-said-terminator-final-youtube-video/

Edit - Didn't we have somebody here who said they were an Incel? Hope it wasn't them!

As soon as I saw his photo it was obvious that he was going to be that type of person.

Caporegime
No actually it wasn't. You added flair that has not been confirmed.

Directly from the article

One eyewitness wrote on social media: “There’s [a man] on the rampage in my cul-de-sac with a real gun and he’s already shot two people.

“They are laying on the ground. One is dead – blood everywhere. I’m shaking like leaf.”

Another said: “The guy shot members of his family then went out onto the street.”

A witness named Sharon, who lives near Biddick Drive, told the BBC: “Firstly, there was shouting, followed by gunshots - three, possibly four to begin with.

"This was when the shooter kicked in the door of a house and randomly started shooting ... he ran from the house shooting as he ran and proceeded to shoot at a few people in the Linear Park up from the drive.”

What "Flair" did I add?

Back
Top Bottom