• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

LHR partially bypassed on RTX cards

Caporegime
Yes I read that earlier here

It's very worrying. Hopefully it will help when ethereum goes proof of stake but there's plenty of other currencies that could grow in popularity :(

I don't think you actually understand how much power is going into mining Ethereum.

For other coins to reap the same rewards they would need to go up in price like 50000%.

If that were to happen you would be better off just buying those coins now and waiting for this 50000% pump.

Mining will die with Ethereum unless you don't pay for electric.

Soldato
LHR was always a bit of a con IMO, it seems like a good idea on the surface but when you take the time to think about it it seems like little more than a PR exercise, at least IMO.

Nvidia has an agreement for X wafers/chips, right. So LHR chips have to be taken out of existing supplies, be that workstation or non-LHR, effectively all you're doing is slicing the pie differently. It seems all LHR does is delay when cards hit the second-hand market as miners will need to mine on them for longer to recoup the costs.

Soldato
Anyone thinking of buying overpriced AIB LHR cards now to mine would probably just be better off using the money to buy ethereum instead.

Caporegime
LHR was always a bit of a con IMO, it seems like a good idea on the surface but when you take the time to think about it it seems like little more than a PR exercise, at least IMO.

Nvidia has an agreement for X wafers/chips, right. So LHR chips have to be taken out of existing supplies, be that workstation or non-LHR, effectively all you're doing is slicing the pie differently. It seems all LHR does is delay when cards hit the second-hand market as miners will need to mine on them for longer to recoup the costs.

Nobody is buying overpriced LHR cards to mine on. Ethereum difficulty bomb goes off in December. That means you have 3 months before you make nothing. You can't get your money back in 3 months.

LHR cards are going to gamers mainly or long term miners with no care for electric costs or ignorant miners.

In January expect to see half price GPU. I know a lot will say I won't buy a mined on GPU but if it's an LHR card chances are it will have only been mined on for 4-5 months max and still have warranty if you get the invoice and at half price you would be dumb to say no to a ex mining card that has only been mined on for a few months.

Anyone who needs a gpu should wait for the January sale as it's going to be epic.

Soldato
Well somebody is as there's still limited stock some 3 months after they announced LHR, and it's not like the hash rate limiter applies to other crypto from what i understand, also from what i understand the devs of Ethereum have announced that it was moving to proof of stake many times in the past so whether they mean it this time is debatable.

Associate
Well somebody is as there's still limited stock some 3 months after they announced LHR, and it's not like the hash rate limiter applies to other crypto from what i understand, also from what i understand the devs of Ethereum have announced that it was moving to proof of stake many times in the past so whether they mean it this time is debatable.

The odd gamer buying them up here and there?

Associate
The whole LHR gimmick is silly, as mining wont be as profitable after PoS on Etherium, which starts in December this year. You can still use LHR cards on other algorithms, at full speed. LHR is just a joke really, and gamers also worry that buying a LHR card will cost them card performance. So both sides of the field are affected by the poor marketing.

Permabanned
Nobody is buying overpriced LHR cards to mine on. Ethereum difficulty bomb goes off in December. That means you have 3 months before you make nothing. You can't get your money back in 3 months.

LHR cards are going to gamers mainly or long term miners with no care for electric costs or ignorant miners.

In January expect to see half price GPU. I know a lot will say I won't buy a mined on GPU but if it's an LHR card chances are it will have only been mined on for 4-5 months max and still have warranty if you get the invoice and at half price you would be dumb to say no to a ex mining card that has only been mined on for a few months.

Anyone who needs a gpu should wait for the January sale as it's going to be epic.

I heard that they will mine Bitcoin instead right. Cough

Last edited:
Soldato
The whole LHR gimmick is silly, as mining wont be as profitable after PoS on Etherium, which starts in December this year. You can still use LHR cards on other algorithms, at full speed. LHR is just a joke really, and gamers also worry that buying a LHR card will cost them card performance. So both sides of the field are affected by the poor marketing.
says who, couple of coins are more profitable than ETH atm and will stay same after POS, if nt soar in value as everyone switches to next coin. those predicting doom for mning are wide of the mark.

Associate
says who, couple of coins are more profitable than ETH atm and will stay same after POS, if nt soar in value as everyone switches to next coin. those predicting doom for mning are wide of the mark.

The profits are highly dependant on price BTC dominance, and ethereum is the second in line. Eth price is only bound to increase after Pos, but once you cut out 50% hashrate or more from ethereum, miners will scramble to other algo’s, naturally increasing difficulty and thus reducing average daily gains for all miners.

Soldato
The profits are highly dependant on price BTC dominance, and ethereum is the second in line. Eth price is only bound to increase after Pos, but once you cut out 50% hashrate or more from ethereum, miners will scramble to other algo’s, naturally increasing difficulty and thus reducing average daily gains for all miners.
growth will happen, increase difficultly obviously, but it will still be profitable.mining is here to stay, and i only started minng due tothe gpu shortage and scalping:cry:

Associate
growth will happen, increase difficultly obviously, but it will still be profitable.mining is here to stay, and i only started minng due tothe gpu shortage and scalping:cry:

Basically the idea is you mine until you no longer make any profits. Mining is definitely here to stay, but I imagine we won’t see big profits after pos until the next big thing. Yield and hodl your eth and buy lambo

Caporegime

It's already forked. You don't know what you are talking about. It has a difficulty bomb set into the new fork.

Any miner buying them now is going to lose money. So only dumb miners must be buying them if they are.

It won't take longer to break even because there is no profit to be made after December. Zero, zilch, nada.

Caporegime

Here's an example of someone who is an ignorant miner.

Those other algorithms have like 3TH/s on them.

Ethereum has 500 TH/s.

So if those profitable coins suddenly have 200 times the GPUs mining them and their profits are now going to be divided by 200.

So that £2 per day is now 1p per day.

Don't post rubbish. Go do your own research and then come back and tell me I'm right.

As for those coins becoming more profitable. Lol. Explain why? Just because more people are mining them? Again you are clueless if you think that's what makes a coin go up in value.

If anything more people mining makes their value tank because you have more people selling them.

A coin will only go up in value if it deserves too. Supply and demand. Tell me where the increased demand is going to come from for these other coins you speak of?

Soldato
It's already forked. You don't know what you are talking about. It has a difficulty bomb set into the new fork.

Any miner buying them now is going to lose money. So only dumb miners must be buying them if they are.

It won't take longer to break even because there is no profit to be made after December. Zero, zilch, nada.
So not only did you not read past the first few words but you also have a severe lack of manners, was it really necessary to accuse me of not knowing what I'm talking about? What exactly did you hope to achieve by doing that other than to sow discord.

Back
Top Bottom