How easy to change TRVs?

Associate
A sunnier or damper area than Ron-ski....
Hi all,

Currently have tado smart TRVs around the house and I'm pondering whether to change them for standard TRVs (to save constant battery changing and moving away from tado's dodgy platform to a single Nest hub as I had before).

How big a job would this be? Is it just changing the head of each existing TRVs or would I have to drain the radiators and fit a completely new valve to do this?

Soldato
Should just be a cse of unscrewing the heads.. Might be worth taking the Tado heads to plumbase or similar to match.. There are a couple of different sizes

Soldato
Really easy. Take off the Tado, put on the new valve. That’s it. The only gotcha is to check that your new valves will screw in to the radiators as the connectors can vary.

Soldato
Simple providing you have compatible radiator valves. Annoyingly I have one which isn't! But yeah as others have said, you aren't touching a wet part of the system. The top just screws off. If they've been on for a while get yourself some penetrating spray and some mole grips.

Caporegime
I did opposite of you. Put tados on most. Only took 2 mins per radiator. All were big standard.

I'd take the fitting from the tado to hardware store to match up.

Soldato
dLockers gives good advice - get some mole grips too while you're in the hardware store. They'll save you a LOT of bother and swearing.

Soldato
My suggestion Was ment for the op.

Lol so sensitive shame you didnt put it in your reply .
???

So quick to be offended. All I said was I learnt the name of a tool I've used for ages - I didn't know they were called waterpump pliers despite using them for ages.

Seems we've found the biggest tool in this thread anyway.

Back
Top Bottom