• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

FINALLY A DEAL ON GPU'S - IT HAS BEEN TOO LONG (NVIDIA 3060 & 3060Ti) !!

Soldato
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/pc-components/graphics-cards/nvidia/geforce-rtx-3060-ti

Great prices? the crappy two fan basic models are £550-£590...

There's nothing great about that. You could get the better models with the three fan cooling systems were £100 cheaper last December. The Gigabyte with the three fans rough equivalent was £480, now it's £200 more expensive almost 10 monrhs later. The Gigabye Aorus Elite was £530 in December, now £680.

:D

Given the current situation.

Associate
What are the prices now? Plus, the post I responded to was dated yesterday...

Go back to the 1st page of this thread - the prices are quoted there:

"Inno3D GeForce RTX 3060Ti Twin X2 LHR 8GB GDDR6 PCI-Express Graphics Card @ £419.99 inc VAT"
"Inno3D GeForce RTX 3060Ti Twin X2 OC LHR 8GB GDDR6 PCI-Express Graphics Card @ £439.99 inc VAT"

Soldato
"Inno3D GeForce RTX 3060Ti Twin X2 LHR 8GB GDDR6 PCI-Express Graphics Card @ £419.99 inc VAT"
"Inno3D GeForce RTX 3060Ti Twin X2 OC LHR 8GB GDDR6 PCI-Express Graphics Card @ £439.99 inc VAT"

in my country at least 150 quid more

Soldato
Go back to the 1st page of this thread - the prices are quoted there:

Someone didn't bother to read the first post..

A few people clearly didn't as those deals were a month ago...

Associate
My Inno3D 3060 arrived today. [re: the above posts: ordered on the 27th July, £360]

Its quite a compact 2 slot card, but its fairly dense and carries some weight relative to its size. It uses Nvidia's new trend of pushing air through the rear back half with the rear fan. This works well for the card keeping it quiet, but as expected pushes my air cooled CPU temp up by 4-5c. Edit: somewhat quiet. The card is far from silent.

I would say the card's main limitation over other 3060s is that the power slider in afterburner doesn't go above 100%. For those looking for significant over-clocks, they would need to look elsewhere.

Last edited:
Associate
A few people clearly didn't as those deals were a month ago...
There was a zotac deal 3 weeks ago, I managed to get a card there.
Having gotten a card I didn't follow this thread that much, but noticed there was another deal? few days later. Not sure whether that was a deal, just an observation what people said, when they placed an order, and how much they paid. Might have been just a handul of cards at good price, no idea.

Now, about December's prices you mentioned earlier. Yes, they were nice, but how long would stock last? 5 seconds? And then dried for months?
That was the problem and pretty much still is.

Soldato
NVIDIA RTX 3060 Series with lower shipment next month
ITHome has learned from internal AIB forums that they now expect lower shipment of RTX 3060 series graphics cards.

According to the Chinese site, RTX 3060 Ti and RTX 3060 will see a reduction of 50% in shipment number till at least late September, when the supply is expected to increase. The information comes from Board Channels Forums, closed forums for people working for AIBs, AICs, and OEMs where they exchange information on the current market situation.

The information posted by one of the members says that boards partners are now expecting a lower shipment of RTX 3060 series GPUs next month, with a good outlook for late September, when shipments are to increase.

We have learned through our independent sources that board partners expected lower shipment of GPUs (not exclusive to RTX 3060 series) due to some Chinese factories being partially closed or not working at full capacity due to new local outbreaks of COVID. This information appears to confirm this fact, however, we are not sure if this is only affecting certain board partners (often sharing the same component suppliers) or only certain assembly lines.

https://videocardz.com/newz/nvidia-geforce-rtx-3060-ti-and-rtx-3060-supply-to-decrease-in-september

Associate
Considering changing from i7 2600k build and doing a 5800/5900 build.
Was considering sticking with my Overclocked Vega 56 as I can do the CPU/MB/Memory and case for the almost same price as trying to get a 3080 graphics card.

How does this compare to the Vega 56? Is it worth to stick with what I have for now or is it a big increase?

Soldato
You`ll first notice a change anyway with the newer cpu / motherboard / ram. I went from an i7 3770k with 2133 ddr3 , to a ryzen 3 then ryzen 5, with 3200 ddr4. The system just feels `zippier` , and no thats not only because of the fresh windows install , games also ran better (had a gtx 1080 with the i7), better minimums and averages.

My suggestion would be change the core system (and maybe get a nice nvme drive) then see what you think? I have a R5 5600x and B550 gaming 3 board with some crucial 3200ddr4 (cl16 running at cl15 (and other timings tweaked), using the ryzen ram timings app)

Associate
Was considering sticking with my Overclocked Vega 56 as I can do the CPU/MB/Memory and case for the almost same price as trying to get a 3080 graphics card.

How does this compare to the Vega 56? Is it worth to stick with what I have for now or is it a big increase?

I would go 5900x if I had to decide. It may be worth the spending in the longer run. Prices for videocards are extremely high at the moment. Hopefuly they will get back to normal at some point but it seems that it will be a long wait.

Soldato

It's a good time to buy a new setup. The first DDR5 platform is about to arrive and prices on DDR4 and motherboards are about as low as they're ever going to go. You can get a very decent B550 motherboard for well under £100 right now, along with a kit of decent enough DDR4 for the same sort of money. Don't be one of the suckers who buys into DDR5 in the first couple of years and pays through the nose for memory and a motherboard that will both age poorly once more mature DDR5 platforms come along in a couple of years.

Back
Top Bottom