Show Us Your Motors!

Soldato
I saw a 69 plate Alphard parked outside One Blackfriars last week, it was getting more looks than the RR and Bentleys parked next to it.

Been out and about in it this weekend...I've been surprised at the amount of attention it gets! Lots of people in car parks stopping and peering at the badge.

Soldato
Very nice! Is it your first foray into Lotus ownership?

-edit, just checked how much they go for. Glad I'm not alone in spending far too much on an impractical British 2-seater :D

Yeah first one, did have a look at an Alpine A110 as well but it just didn't feel right as a weekend car, almost a bit too refined.

I have got a surprising amount of confidence in it already, which I am not sure is a good thing :D

mjt

mjt

Soldato
Yeah first one, did have a look at an Alpine A110 as well but it just didn't feel right as a weekend car, almost a bit too refined.

I have got a surprising amount of confidence in it already, which I am not sure is a good thing :D
Haha I had that, except with the Elise. I just sat in one and it was enough to say no for the impractical weekend car. I could commute in it, so what’s the point? :p

What amazes me with the Caterham is the grip and control. These cars are just so well balanced and poised. Massive fun at sensible speeds and more than quick enough without losing your licence (for too long) or killing yourself at 200mph.

Elise is a manual though and that’s half the fun. Heel and toe, rev matching, throttle blipping. Adds to the experience :D

Man of Honour
Mine and @DRZ's M's at Caffeine and Machine on Saturday.

IMG-4148-censored-2.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
sbJ22ga.jpg

yLQA98N.jpg

In it's natural habitat... :cry: I have to laugh, otherwise I'd probably cry haha engine went on the way up the mountain pass. My oil and internals of the engine are all over the road there... and for about 300m for that matter. Known issue on those short block 3.0 SDV6s... tick tick BOOM! As it went so nicely when the crank decided to exit the engine!

Anyone have a spare engine for a RR? I don't fancy the 10k bill this is looking like it'll be! :eek:

Least I have this beast to drive on the daily! :D

QJndRTD.jpg

Soldato
Thought I’d give the Honda a pampering, three coats of wax and sealant for wheels should last six months or so hopefully.

Corvette had to give up its stable for a couple of days. :D

Any news on the third garage? You’re going to need more than 3 surely :p

Soldato
Oh my. So much for the cheapest RRS in France. No warranty?
Ha quite, but at the same time covid has been kind to the resale price on these as it has with many cars, so even sinking 10k into it, it'd still be worth more at present than my costs, which is rare. No warranty but I am trying my luck with JLR at the moment. Have been chatting with them the last couple of days so will see what comes of that.

Soldato
thanks and it's taken a week to get used to, it's getting new tyres tuesday, resprayed front bumper and a stage 2 remap soon after...........car has only done 20k miles/one owner and cost 30 thousand, it's in perfect condition already but i'm very fussy that all.............i've always wanted a muscle car and this thing is REALLY LOUD...........might already be 500hp but nobody knows because it looks like it has the performance pack and different square tail pipes, it might therefore already be remapped but the garage desn't know. this car makes me laugh every day, it' such good fun even in ``comfort`` mode.

but it is scary when you first drive it especially after a Honda Jazz LOL, it's the best thing i've ever bought and i should've done it years ago.............. i've viewed many cars this summer and this is in by far the best condition i've ever seen for my budget which was 40k............ i almost bought the SL 63 AMG and i might do next year.

the SL500 is fantastic too, but is very underrated, it is REALLY FAST, but quiet compared to mine, it doesn't have the same fun factor, much more of a GT Cruiser.

mine has **** tyres and i was warned yesterday not to boot it too much, so i've got michelin pilot 4s for tuesday..................... this weekend will be a waste of time anyway because it's a Bank Holiday and loads of caravans around here, plus cyclists.

so today i'll just polish it, might drive it tonight at 7pm.

my God it drinks fuel but i don't mind too much, i've only had it a week but filled it up 4 times, but i use my Jazz as a daily anyway so that's ok

Looks like a lovely example. The squared exhausts are from the Black Series so it's either had a Black Series exhaust added (unlikely as it'd cost approximately £3billion), or it's had square tips added and the rear diffuser possibly adapted? Mine's got the performance pack too and it's really fast. Think it's pushing around 500bhp. What tyres has it got on at the moment? I've got PS4S on mine and it grips very well indeed.

Also, I feel like I should say this as most C63 owners have little to no taste, but pleaseeeee don't get the wheels sprayed black, along with the headlights, and rear lights, and all the trim, and the windows tinted, and the numberplate tinted, and the exhausts. Because it looks **** :p

Back
Top Bottom