******Official Star Citizen / Squadron 42 Thread******

Soldato
Agreed, it's epic when it works! Hurricane is great fun too, was flying one with a competent friend in the gunner seat - we were tearing stuff up! Still haven't decided what my next ship I want is, I still really like the Vanguard Harbinger!
Funnily enough, I've barely touched my Harbinger and Sentinel since the balance changes. Still good with a gunner and a carefully chosen loadout, but not a lot of fun going solo these days IMO. Depends what you're fighting, I guess.

Soldato
A friend has said something similar. It appeals due to the excellent shielding, S2 Quantum drive for travelling around more quickly and turret plus a lot of pilot firepower for fighting bigger ships.
I've got a SuperHornet that I fly most of the time now, so another small/medium fighter isn't going to be too different to what I'm used to bar a few exceptions like the Hurricane. Whilst the Hurricane seems awesome, it's worse than the Superhornet solo and lacks the big quantum drive - not to mention the size 5 torps.

I can afford one and still buy a Hurricane or other light fighter with the spare change mind. So maybe I should stop being indecisive and just buy one!

Soldato
What nvidia drivers do you use for this game? I have the latest and the sky on starter planet has strange traingle artifacts? All my other games run fine and afterburner doesnt pick up artifacts.

Soldato
Bought the Vanguard Harbinger earlier, and already made back the money I spent on it doing the Xenothreat missions. So much fun! A friend took his Retaliator out and we loaded it with gunners - hugely effective :D
*looks at time*
Oh whoops, been playing pretty much non-stop since 5pm. lol

Soldato
Soldato
It's ok, Jonney. I know who I'm dealing with and how pointless it is.
Still, he wanted an update. He got one.
Still no word about SQ42..so looks to me like 2025 for beta.
So much for the beta this year :(
What a waste of space this company is.
Looks like no S42 till 2025+ :(
No Squadron 42 beta again this year.

That's 3 years on the trot they missed the beta date :(
They did a failed tracker for Squadron 42 two years on the trot :(
So no Squadron 42 this year :(
This years beta is canceled again.
3 years on the trot now...maybe next year?
Still no Squadron 42...

So that's 8 years of nothing.
Looks like yet another delay for SQ 42.

This multiquote was brought to you by brokenrecord.com

Soldato
Is it just me that's not really *that* interested in SQ42? Don't get me wrong, I'll almost certainly buy and play it when it comes out, I just have zero care whether that's soon or an in a few years. Keeping working on the MP game please CIG :D

Soldato
Is it just me that's not really *that* interested in SQ42? Don't get me wrong, I'll almost certainly buy and play it when it comes out, I just have zero care whether that's soon or an in a few years. Keeping working on the MP game please CIG :D

SQ42 is the one I've been waiting for I dont really care much for Star Citizen. I'm more of a single player gamer.

Soldato
Kinda...
I'll play it, of course, but what I'm mostly interested in is the MP universe without many of the actual Ps... Humans suck, for the most part, so I'd rather pull an Elite and just go PvE as much as possible.

Soldato
Don't let a bad experience from some other game in the past turn you completely off ever being social in a game again. I'm sure you've had way more positive experiences than negative.

Sure, you'll encounter the odd troll/griefer, but that's life. You might as well never leave the house with that logic.

Soldato
Sure, you'll encounter the odd troll/griefer, but that's life. You might as well never leave the house with that logic.
Lol I am not quite an agoraphobic recluse just yet ;) (tho I won't lie I do like my own company and could happily be one)

However it is more to do with my play style. I like to pootle about at my own pace, I dislike the meta build and I just don't like getting my ass kicked by a player with better gear or even just better skills PvP just isn't my bag and ultimately as it's a hobby not a job so why bother?..... I also don't want to have to watch my back or run every time a player shows up.
So why did I back it then? Well wing commander and privateer are 2 of the best games I have ever played.

I have been playing rebel galaxy outlaw and that is good but I want something with a bit more depth and a bit more polish

Soldato
May I ask what kind of gameplay loop you're mostly interested in with a game like this? PvE combat, mining/trading etc for example.
It's been repeatedly said that playing with others is where this game is really at it's best. Does that idea appeal to you or turn you off?

Soldato
May I ask what kind of gameplay loop you're mostly interested in with a game like this? PvE combat, mining/trading etc for example.
It's been repeatedly said that playing with others is where this game is really at it's best. Does that idea appeal to you or turn you off?
i plan to do a little bit of everything, basically play it like i played privateer and still play elite.

i will play with real world friends if any of them get it, other than that, its possible i would group up with people on a forum like this - i organised a PES league waaaaaaaaaay back in the day on another forum but playing with total randoms does not interest me at all.....

my hope is this will be possible, i also hope to do all the multicrew stuff as well, but i prefer hiring my own npc crew or doing missions on other npc ships if that even is going to be a thing. I dont like being responsible for other peoples games or not being able to drop out at will without dropping anyone else in it.

Back
Top Bottom