** Star Wars Episode VII - SPOILERS WITHIN **

I hope Filoni somehow takes over as im sure Disney realise Kennedy is an absolute disaster for the franchise, a total character assassination on Luke was a good idea? Holy god!

I never thought i would say it but i sat through three StarWars films and felt disgust, but i watched one episode of an StarWars tv series and felt like i was 10 years old all over again.....last episode of The Mandalorian.

Soldato
Why they never got the original team back together for even one scene is beyond me. So many missteps in that new Trilogy. I'm unlikely to ever watch it again. But I'm enjoying the Mandalorian, going back through the Clones Wars, loved Rebels and will probably watch some of the other upcoming TV shows. Thinking back I think I've watched Solo more times than I've watched TLJ and TRoS combined, and enjoyed it more.

Soldato
Thinking back I think I've watched Solo more times than I've watched TLJ and TRoS combined, and enjoyed it more.
I've watched Solo a few times now and each time I've enjoyed it more, fits in so much better with the originals than any of the prequels or sequels. Personally IMO the best of the new stuff is still Rogue One for me.

Last edited:
Soldato
Why they never got the original team back together for even one scene is beyond me. So many missteps in that new Trilogy. I'm unlikely to ever watch it again. But I'm enjoying the Mandalorian, going back through the Clones Wars, loved Rebels and will probably watch some of the other upcoming TV shows. Thinking back I think I've watched Solo more times than I've watched TLJ and TRoS combined, and enjoyed it more.
They all wanted to do it but KK wouldn't allow it. She stated it would take away from the new characters and story. They had one job and they failed and is pretty unforgivable.

She also demanded that Starwars parks didn't use Tatooine. How fickle can one person get.

Soldato
Star Wars fans stay off twitter.

KK contract renewal?? Rumours I might add hah

She must have some juicy dirt on the Hollywood Elite

Last edited:
Associate
I hope Filoni somehow takes over as im sure Disney realise Kennedy is an absolute disaster for the franchise, a total character assassination on Luke was a good idea? Holy god!

I never thought i would say it but i sat through three StarWars films and felt disgust, but i watched one episode of an StarWars tv series and felt like i was 10 years old all over again.....last episode of The Mandalorian.

One thing they got right in the new movies was some of the OST. Have a look on youtube for that scene in Mandalorian combined with the Jedi/force theme from the new movies. It's hairs on neck up good.

https://youtu.be/0AI-m0rhZG8

Caporegime
I'd love the rumours about the sequel trilogy being remade to be true, this time with an actual plan in place and no input from that ******* moron kennedy. How she manages to keep her job is beyond me, much be banging Bob Chapek's brains out.

Soldato
I'd love the rumours about the sequel trilogy being remade to be true,

After squandering the opportunity to have the three main OT cast together in Ep7 I have zero interest in anything Disney SW anymore and I think that, for a variety of reasons, lots of people feel the same so remaking this turd won't bring back all the fans they lost. Maybe some might come back due to Filoni/Mandalorian, but the majority of those who left don't trust Disney anymore and won't spend cash to see a remake/reboot etc.

Soldato
That would take talent. Something Hollywood is lacking in spades.

The thing is, the technical side of film making like CGI, cinematography, costume/set design etc has never been better than it is at the moment, but literally everything non-technical like scripts, acting, executives/bosses etc seems to be such poor quality in-comparison to previous decades with screenwriters currently being the worst effected, and by a long shot I think.

No-one cares if the CGI looks amazing, of if a scene is beautifully lit etc if the story/script is so awful people switch off and I think fixing that issue needs to be the No1 priority for Hollywood if it wants to keep making the uber money it's used to.

Soldato
The thing is, the technical side of film making like CGI, cinematography, costume/set design etc has never been better than it is at the moment, but literally everything non-technical like scripts, acting, executives/bosses etc seems to be such poor quality in-comparison to previous decades with screenwriters currently being the worst effected, and by a long shot I think.

No-one cares if the CGI looks amazing, of if a scene is beautifully lit etc if the story/script is so awful people switch off and I think fixing that issue needs to be the No1 priority for Hollywood if it wants to keep making the uber money it's used to.
That's what makes the sequels even more annoying. They tried too use practical effects and puppets as much as feasible possible but the films are just hollow shell's.

I struggled to watch anything new these days but looking forward to Ghostbusters and Dune.

Man of Honour
I stumbled across a fun youtuber recently who did a really good video about the Last Jedi and I agree with basically everything he says. He doesn’t go into all the criticisms though, of which there are many. Still, it’s probably the best defence of the film that I’ve seen.

As a polite warning there is some swearing in the video, but minor in the context of the whole.

Also, this video came out before Rise of Skywalker. I don’t think that the same defences here can apply to that. In a sense, I think Rise of Skywalker makes TLJ seem weaker.

Soldato
I've watched Solo a few times now and each time I've enjoyed it more, fits in so much better with the originals than any of the prequels or sequels. Personally IMO the best of the new stuff is still Rogue One for me.

Solo is the 4th best SW movie. There, I said it. Rogue One a close 5th.

Associate
Solo is the 4th best SW movie. There, I said it. Rogue One a close 5th.
i thought solo was good but really struggled with the young Solo. I was supposed to be looking at a young Harrison Ford but all I could see was young Jake Liotta. It was a bit of a disconnect honestly.

I cant imagine i'm the only one who disliked the casting.

Soldato
Star Wars fans stay off twitter.

KK contract renewal?? Rumours I might add hah

She must have some juicy dirt on the Hollywood Elite
I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced.

Quite a strange one. Her SW project's getting canned. Indy film in deep bantha poodoo

Hah

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom