Poll: Dutch Grand Prix 2021, Zandvoort - Race 13

Rate the 2021 Dutch Grand Prix out of ten

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

mjt

mjt

Soldato
Voted 3 for the Vettel spin, the Perez/Norris contact and Alonso’s battle with Ocon. Literally nothing else happened for the entire race. Woeful.

Caporegime
Well when he is on a drastically different strategy for most races how is he ever going to compete? Its not an accident that they do this, he's nothing more than a buffer to LH.

For most races? Like, do you even watch F1, bro? No, Bottas and Hamilton are usually on the same strategy. Here, splitting strategy was Bottas's only realistic chance of a win, as well as a good option for Merc.

F1 is a team sport and sometimes one driver is asked to compromise for the good of the team or the success of the other driver, especially when one is contending for the WDC and the other isn't. Merc haven't asked anything from Bottas which isn't within that normal range.

Unlike some other teams Bottas has been given a fair chance to fight his own battle. He hasn't matched Lewis not because he's been mistreated but because he isn't fast enough.

Associate
It was very middle of the road for me (Voted a 6) no safety car as I was expecting and a superb performance from Max kept his out of reach of the Mercedes.

There were a couple of things that added to it for me. Gasly's overtake on Alonso on the outside of T1, and holding onto 4th place overall after fending off the Ferrari's at the start. Perez coming back through part of the field after ruining a set of tyres early on, although the director did their best to avoid most overtakes!

Looking forward to the next race, although I'm again conflicted about how I feel about another sprint qualifying...

Soldato
I listened to much of the race on 5 Live and watched the highlights on YT. It was boring. I much prefered the F3 races. Young Schumacher seems very promising.

Soldato
Looks like a great track to drive on but the ‘show’ was poor imo. Hopefully the cars will help next year.

Having said that, the crowd looked like they had more fun than at any other track, it could be a great track to visit in person.

Soldato
Looks like a great track to drive on but the ‘show’ was poor imo. Hopefully the cars will help next year.

Having said that, the crowd looked like they had more fun than at any other track, it could be a great track to visit in person.

You get more value for the money at shorter tracks. At Spa or Silverstone you might see the cars 47-56 times. At A1 ring (I won't ever call it by the drink name) you get to see the cars 70+ times.

Back
Top Bottom