• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Zen 3D V-Cache Ryzen CPUs May be Available in December 2021

Soldato
Its common knowledge an i9 destroys zen
In your endless AMD naysaying, deluded bizarro world maybe. Pray tell which i9 "destroys" which Zen? Because it sure as hell isn't Zen 3.

And, as usual, somebody wades in with some sweeping, grandiose claim which is just isn't true and then promptly goes silent and vanishes when called out on it, leaving the little cheerleaders to come rushing to their defence.

So if turbot1984 won't provide some number to back up his claim, how about you do so to support this "common knowledge" that just isn't true?

Soldato
In your endless AMD naysaying, deluded bizarro world maybe. Pray tell which i9 "destroys" which Zen? Because it sure as hell isn't Zen 3.

And, as usual, somebody wades in with some sweeping, grandiose claim which is just isn't true and then promptly goes silent and vanishes when called out on it, leaving the little cheerleaders to come rushing to their defence.

So if turbot1984 won't provide some number to back up his claim, how about you do so to support this "common knowledge" that just isn't true?

Turbot1984 said i9 beats zen which is correct.
He did not say it beats zen+, zen2 or zen3 so why you keep going into fanboi defence mode?

Soldato
He did not say it beats zen+, zen2 or zen3 so why you keep going into fanboi defence mode?
LOLOLOLOL oh nice job with the semantics. I guarantee you 100% turbot1984 was not comparing his i9 to Ryzen 1000. But beautiful work with the word play to save face. Earns you an internet cookie before your troll ass is dumped into the ignore list.

"Defence mode" indeed, you utter hypocrite. Jog the fudge on.

Associate

He did say it beats zen, but he's replying to a post relating to zen3, so fully in context, he is stating that his i9 is beating zen3.

"How so? Zen 3 is already the fastest gaming CPU."
"Nah my i9 @ 5.3 kicks zen's butt."

Soldato
He did say it beats zen, but he's replying to a post relating to zen3, so fully in context, he is stating that his i9 is beating zen3.

"How so? Zen 3 is already the fastest gaming CPU."
"Nah my i9 @ 5.3 kicks zen's butt."
In reality there isn't much between Intel and zen 3 in gaming, some titles Intel will pull ahead and in some zen 3 will pull ahead, where AMD has the real advantage is for productivity and power draw.

Soldato
The i9 chip gets beat by AMD’s Ryzen 7. AMD’s third tier CPU beats Intel’s best effort. AMD’s desktop platform has killed Intel’s workstation and HEDT products and is taking a chunk out the Xeon parts.

AMD are better in every measurable way. Just think about that from technical stand point and what 3D V-cache will offer. Intel are kicking exactly zero arse.

Soldato
AMD has started cutting prices of ryzen 5000 ahead of Alder Lake's launch
As I said in the other thread, AMD are done milking now that there's some actual competition from Intel and these price reductions, if indeed an act by AMD, give leeway to drop in the 3D stacked refresh at the previous (or higher) price point.

Soldato
I'm just wondering what this all means for the new Threadripper? Maybe they will skip a generation and just release a 6000 part as the next Threadripper?
Well, the "next" Threadripper is coming in November, apparently. I'd like to think it's getting the 3D chiplets because it's going to be a real slap in the face if it doesn't. Considering it was originally rumoured for August, it's possible those stacked chiplet yields are going great guns and there's enough to populate Ryzen and Threadripper SKUs, so release was held off a couple months.

Associate
In reality there isn't much between Intel and zen 3 in gaming, some titles Intel will pull ahead and in some zen 3 will pull ahead, where AMD has the real advantage is for productivity and power draw.

I wasn't getting involved in the discussion, I really don't care - I just want to know more info on zen3d! :) I was stating the facts of what happened, rather than people manipulating the data to show what they wanted...

Soldato
Alderlake is just the start. Intel gonna make zen look like bulldozer all over again going by those intel 80% ipc increase charts.

Intel been gunna do the same for how many years… 80% IPC jump wouldn’t match the 100% gain AMD have in cores.

Your post needs much more ham. 160% gains needed to call it even. 160% with 50% less power use to actually make Zen look like the FX chips.

Back
Top Bottom