• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Radeon RX 6800 (XT) Owners Thread.

Associate
Hey thanks for that; still having issues though; played a few things tonight and the FPS I'm getting is way, way down on what I'd expect; looking at reviews/benchmarks online it seems reasonable that I should be getting FPS of 100+ in 1440P and 4K even with mostly Ultra settings; I'm barely getting over 70.
Even F1 2020 which should be running with ease in 4K or 1440P I'm well down on expectations; literally the only component that has changed is the GPU (I had my the 6800XT Liquid Cooled Asus I used for a friends build; it didn't really suit my case anyway) I could understand a difference if the temps were higher, etc but the TUF is a cool card and I'm seeing no temp spikes on the GPU (or CPU) that would be causing this dire performance.
I think I'll need to raise a return and buy something else.

You could try going into the radeon software and enable chill, set the fps to say 100 min and 120 max to begin with. Disable freesync and vertical refresh. If that gives you good fps then play around with the settings one by one, eg switch freesync back to AMD optimized first. You can do this both at global game settings, and selecting the individual games via gaming option at the top

Man of Honour
You could try going into the radeon software and enable chill, set the fps to say 100 min and 120 max to begin with. Disable freesync and vertical refresh. If that gives you good fps then play around with the settings one by one, eg switch freesync back to AMD optimized first. You can do this both at global game settings, and selecting the individual games via gaming option at the top

Thanks I'll take a look; one odd thing I noticed is that the GPU never seems to get up to any higher than about 900Mhz; you would think on a title that really uses the GPU (Like Flight Sim) that it would be using more

Associate
Thanks I'll take a look; one odd thing I noticed is that the GPU never seems to get up to any higher than about 900Mhz; you would think on a title that really uses the GPU (Like Flight Sim) that it would be using more
That is weird though. I am sure that you probably checked this but have you tried increasing the Min Freq to like 2000Mhz at least?

Associate
Had my 6800Xt for a few months now. Still having an issue in all game in relation to Freesync/refresh rate etc.
Current specs are:

Sapphire 6800XT
AMD 5800X
MSi X570 Tomahawk Max
Corsair Ram 32Gb
NZXT Z73 cooling.
LG 27GL850-B 144Hz monitor

When running any game, if I don't use VSync or Radeons framerate limiter set to 144Hz, if the framerate goes over 144 fps the game becomes horrifically choppy. For example, running Warzone, I cant get upwards of 180 fps with my current settings, but it is unplayable due to the choppiness of the image, so I have to either turn on Vsync or fps limiter.

Am I doing something wrong , as previously on Nvidia and using GSync, it could run at over 144 fps and be buttery smooth. I feel as though I am missing something blatantly obvious. I have freesync turned on, fresh install of windows, tried different cables etc.

Any ideas or is this how it works?

Caporegime
Had my 6800Xt for a few months now. Still having an issue in all game in relation to Freesync/refresh rate etc.
Current specs are:

Sapphire 6800XT
AMD 5800X
MSi X570 Tomahawk Max
Corsair Ram 32Gb
NZXT Z73 cooling.

When running any game, if I don't use VSync or Radeons framerate limiter set to 144Hz, if the framerate goes over 144 fps the game becomes horrifically choppy. For example, running Warzone, I cant get upwards of 180 fps with my current settings, but it is unplayable due to the choppiness of the image, so I have to either turn on Vsync or fps limiter.

Am I doing something wrong , as previously on Nvidia and using GSync, it could run at over 144 fps and be buttery smooth. I feel as though I am missing something blatantly obvious. I have freesync turned on, fresh install of windows, tried different cables etc.

Have you tried enabling Enhanced Sync in the Warzone application profile within Radeon Software?

Soldato
Current specs are:

Sapphire 6800XT
AMD 5800X
MSi X570 Tomahawk Max
Corsair Ram 32Gb
NZXT Z73 cooling.

I had issues at the start, similar. When in the over clock settings, try max as 2300 and minimum as 2200. If I left it auto it would stutter. You have to leave at least 100mhz from the max to the min

Associate
Hi, owning an Aorus 6800 XT Master for about a month and outputting to a Samsung G7 27" 240hz.
How do you guys keep the Radeon Anti-Lag?
I heard many saying it's better off.
Interested in mp games like Hunt Showdown mostly.

Associate
And again, overclocked it a little, 2400 to 2500, 1.075v, PL maxed out, using 2 profiles, the first one with default memory and Fast Timings, the second one with 2100 mem and default timings?
Can I push some more? It's safe / recommended?
Like 2100 & Fast Timings it's a go? Or even more?
I know very little about these modern Radeon cards, my last one was a Sapphire 290 Trio

Caporegime
Hi, owning an Aorus 6800 XT Master for about a month and outputting to a Samsung G7 27" 240hz.
How do you guys keep the Radeon Anti-Lag?
I heard many saying it's better off.
Interested in mp games like Hunt Showdown mostly.
I generally keep it off, but test it in said game and see if it makes a difference.
And again, overclocked it a little, 2400 to 2500, 1.075v, PL maxed out, using 2 profiles, the first one with default memory and Fast Timings, the second one with 2100 mem and default timings?
Can I push some more? It's safe / recommended?
Like 2100 & Fast Timings it's a go? Or even more?
I know very little about these modern Radeon cards, my last one was a Sapphire 290 Trio
Use Timespy to verify that higher memory clock = higher score as at some point you will start to lose performance.

You can overclock the core as far as it will go and it will be safe. Make sure you put the power tuning slider at +15% otherwise you will be power limited.

Associate
I generally keep it off, but test it in said game and see if it makes a difference.

Use Timespy to verify that higher memory clock = higher score as at some point you will start to lose performance.

You can overclock the core as far as it will go and it will be safe. Make sure you put the power tuning slider at +15% otherwise you will be power limited.

OK so I did 4 TS tests, all with the same freq range 2400 - 2500 but with default memory and timings, fast timings, 2100 mem and both timings.
Best score I've had was this one, with def mem and fast timings:

Timespy-OC-2.jpg

Gonna keep this profile for gaming :cool:

Soldato
Been tinkering with my 6800xt, managed to get a nice overclock of 2600/2500 max and min, with 2070 fast timings. Hovering around 2480 and 2540 clock speed, is this any good? Seems fully stable so far

Soldato
Literally after adding it to my cart, the 6800xt available on the shopfront went from 999 to 1050. WTF?

Disappointing to see ocuk engage in price gouging

Associate

Interesting, when using a 1080 Ti with a G-sync monitor (Acer Predator XB271Hu) I had the same issue with Rocket League where without an FPS cap or v-sync it would tear like a mofo. Can't comment on my 6800 XT and Odyssey G7 as I keep the FPS cap at 240fps and encounter no issues.

Soldato
Every retailer is in on the act :(

Yeah I checked all the others and they did exactly the same rises overnight, which leads me to think OCUK didn't have much of a choice. I ended up biting the bullet and ordered one off OCUK, before the prices get even more insane.

Man of Honour
Yeah I checked all the others and they did exactly the same rises overnight, which leads me to think OCUK didn't have much of a choice. I ended up biting the bullet and ordered one off OCUK, before the prices get even more insane.

Been keeping a close eye over the last few days as my 6800XT I've been struggling with is getting RMA'd and need to buy a replacement; prices certainly rising again; not surprising looking at the crypto market I guess

Back
Top Bottom