*** How to obtain a bike license ***

Soldato
Was an awful ride - Got lost on a roundabout, had to do a U turn in a carkpark to become unlost. :p

I thought i'd fluffed it. Turns out I didn't. I de-restricted the SV this morning too.

Congrats :cool:. I did the same on mine, missed a few left turns because i know the place too well so assumed it was this road and not the little back alley i just went passed :cry:.

Examiner was a bit of a nob though, took me through about 20 left turns in a row after that through a busy town centre and constantly questioned why i wont turn left after missing 2 during the test. Great way to settle the nerves.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Thanks. Yes it's a good feeling :) My journey started almost a year ago but was delayed multiple times due to lockdowns and covid delays. It's nice to get it done.

I will now put the YBR 125 up for sale, or trade it in, and look for a bike. I am not 100% sure which bike yet, but possibly something like a Bonneville T100, T120, Street Twin, etc. But I keep changing my mind. I like the more upright and relaxed position compared to a sports or some nakeds. I am now off work for two weeks so I will test ride a few bikes and see how I feel.

Associate
Seems really popular learning to ride at the moment, I’ve booked in my CBT and the earliest I could get is 24th October! I wish it was sooner it’s absolutely ages away. I can’t decide whether to get a 125 after and practice for a while or just go straight to a DAS course…

Man of Honour
Seems really popular learning to ride at the moment, I’ve booked in my CBT and the earliest I could get is 24th October! I wish it was sooner it’s absolutely ages away. I can’t decide whether to get a 125 after and practice for a while or just go straight to a DAS course…
Most people tend to advise going straight for DAS. But I got a 125 because I was nervous on the CBT and needed to work on my clutch and gear control. We were also just entering lockdowns and major test delays. I absolutely do not regret it. I had a blast for several months and I am certain that riding a 125 for that time has really helped me. It's made me a more confident rider, I made some mistakes while only on a low powered bike, and it's also helped me decide what I want out of a bike (and therefore what type of bigger bike to get).

I also sold the 125 for a small profit, which is also nice.

Associate
I've managed to get another CBT booked in for next week instead, so chuffed about that! I have a habit of rushing into stuff, so trying not to do that with a bike purchase. I want to buy a house at the end of the year, so think a cheap 125cc might be the best option instead of spending almost £1k on the DAS and then however much more on some high powered motorbike.

Associate
I need to find a cheap motorbike, I want to practice more before looking into DAS. I'm not amazing at slow speed and need to work on my process for stopping at lights and stuff. I just don't know what to get.

I've seen a good deal on a CBR125. It's older, 2094 model, 31k on it. But high but over the life of that bike not too bad.

Back
Top Bottom