What film did you watch last night?

Guest House Paradiso.

Only lasted 10 mins or so. Dreadful film. Not funny in the least bit, I had forgotten that they were both not very funny. Their best stuff being The Young Ones.

Triangle on someone else's recommendation within this thread and enjoyed that somewhat. I could not help feeling they could have done more with it.

SPG

SPG

Soldato
The Godfather 9/10

Finally got round to watching this after promising myself for 30 years.

It's pretty good and stands the test of brilliantly.

Associate
Knives Out (an easy 8/10)

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8946378/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

Great story and cast, brilliantly acted but special mention goes to Daniel Craig who plays the slightly eccentric, southern detective superbly, Don Johnson who slides into these roles like a fitted glove, Jamie Lee Curtis who is compelling and Ana de Armas who was relatively unknown to me (didn't recognise her from Blade Runner 2049) but pulls of her central character role very convincingly.

A thorougly enjoyable couple hours.

Good film thanks really enjoyed this quirky Who-Dunnit 8/10

For me only negative was perhaps Daniel Craig's attempt at the American accent...... but his overall acting performance outweighed.

Soldato
Good film thanks really enjoyed this quirky Who-Dunnit 8/10

For me only negative was perhaps Daniel Craig's attempt at the American accent...... but his overall acting performance outweighed.
Yeah it would have been a little easier at first if they had cast somebody else instead of 'James Bond' though that aside he did a commendable job and in the type of part I've not seen him do.

Credit also goes to the late Christopher Plummer who was ~89 yrs old when he did this and just seemed to get better decade on decade.

Soldato
I didn't mind Bottom but this just seemed much worse and a lot less funny.

Tbh, I can watch the series on repeat, I know most of the dialogue by heart, but I think I've only watched the movie a few times over the years due to it sometimes feeling a bit fatiguing, I think.

But the series just never gets old, well for me anyway. The live shows are excellent, too. Got to be in the right frame of mind for that type of comedy also, I think.

I liked The Young Ones but Bottom was the funnier show, imo.

Soldato
Knives Out (an easy 8/10)

and Ana de Armas who was relatively unknown to me (didn't recognise her from Blade Runner 2049) but pulls of her central character role very convincingly.

She’s good in War Dogs too (think it’s on Amazon) and is in the upcoming new Bond film. And she is also flaming gorgeous.

Caporegime
Don't Breathe 2

Just pathetic. The first one at least has some plausibility with it occuring on his turf, this second one is just a shark jump.

There's also a mid credits scene showing he's not dead as well...:rolleyes:

Man of Honour
Fast and Furious 9 (2021)

For a film franchise that has been jumping the shark since the forth film, but has been entertaining non the less. This latest installment is just eye rolling stupid from the start and just gets worse as the film goes on, for an unnecessarily long and bloated two and a half hours.

Easily the worst film in the series with some poor acting and some ropey CGI.

2/10

Soldato
2 today.

Birds of Prey: And the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn. Second time I've seen this and I do really enjoy it. Margo Robbie IS Harley Quinn.

Blade Runner 2049. Great film that looks awesome in 4k Dolby Vision. Controversially I think I prefer it to BR.

Associate
Just watched Without A Paddle with my son and after all these years it's still such an enjoyable movie.

Putting him to bed now, then it's either Malignant or Martyr's Lane..

Soldato
Grave Of The Fireflies. 9/10 Outstanding film if very sad. The uncounted human cost of war sensitively portrayed. Based on a semi autobiographical story. Studio Ghibli in all its beautiful best.

Back
Top Bottom