Amazon Prime sucks massive donkey balls

Associate
Royal Mail are trailing Sunday delivery service. Had something delivered by them on a Sunday a few weeks ago.

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-56362491

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2021/03/12/royal-mail-takes-amazon-sunday-parcel-deliveries/

Yes well I checked the tracking and it's not being delivered today.

Doesn't even say 'out for delivery' on my Amazon account.

Its still pending being sent to my local delivery office.

More than half of the items I've had sent saying they would arrive on a Sunday never turn up until the following week, once it arrived on a Thursday.

Also those articles you linked are from March, and saying they were trailing it last year. I have NEVER had anything delivered on a Sunday from Royal Mail, its maybe a London only thing as usual.

I've already told Amazon that if they can't deliver to me on a Sunday then simply stop offering my account Sunday delivery and list it as Monday instead. If not they can give me a fiver each time it happens, and in the case of an item being 5 days late on Prime delivery I got a full refund.

Last edited:
Associate
RM are still doing Sunday deliveries, but i've no idea what areas, whether it's consistent with cities or towns etc. An out for delivery email by RM is not always guaranteed. So take that as not being out for delivery :p

Deleted member 138126

D

Deleted member 138126

Yep, I've had a few Royal Mail Sunday deliveries from Amazon, it's definitely a thing!

Soldato
I've given 73 small businesses my money so far this year, OK Bezo gets around 8 to 15% but the prices are hiked anyway and they are still a decent price.

It's not that I don't use Amazon. I just don't have any interest in paying for Prime as the only feature I really ever used was free delivery and I don't think that's worth £80/year. If it makes economical sense to you, go for it. It's just not worth it for me at the moment and, as mentioned, I'd never spend £25 on a takeaway so that deal is irrelevant to me.

Associate
If it was let’s say £5 a month then I don’t think it would be too bad, but the price at what it is now really isn’t worth it. I’m sure you can order £20 or more and get free delivery anyway.

Soldato
If it was let’s say £5 a month then I don’t think it would be too bad, but the price at what it is now really isn’t worth it. I’m sure you can order £20 or more and get free delivery anyway.

I'm paying about £6.50 a month, and don't exactly feel ripped off. If it makes you feel any better I'll up my monthly food bank donation by £1.50 to offset it?

Associate
I'm paying about £6.50 a month, and don't exactly feel ripped off. If it makes you feel any better I'll up my monthly food bank donation by £1.50 to offset it?

I would feel slightly better if you did… BUT how is everyone getting £6.50? I don’t use it frequently if I’m honest, so mine will have to get cancelled soon anyway

Back
Top Bottom