Prince Andrew not served papers as they were handed to his police security.

Caporegime
Good that he’ll be “formally” contacted now, I mean otherwise he might not know…

It just seems like such a farce, what is the point of all this jumping through hoops to serve notice when his own lawyer had already been in court in NYC arguing the toss over whether or not he’d been officially served notice of proceedings, the purpose of which is presumably to ensure he’s notified yet if his lawyer is literally in court arguing about it then…

Soldato
Does sound like a waste of time doesn't it, he knows what he's being accused of, knew the papers were coming, yet now is playing a game of who handed who the papers..

Soldato
Does sound like a waste of time doesn't it, he knows what he's being accused of, knew the papers were coming, yet now is playing a game of who handed who the papers..

He is not really that involved at this stage. The lawyers however, will be doing it by the book where possible to do what is best for their 'innocent until proven guilty' client.

Soldato
I had a conversation about this with my best pal. We concluded that, at 18, if invited to be jetted to the US to go to such a party, would we have gone? The answer, a resounding yes, and we probably wouldn't have even considered wracking our souls over whether a girl was 17 or not. It's called misguided youth. I was so rampant at eighteen even the cat would look worried.

Like unhealthy food and drinks, decadence and hedonism is something many sample, so long as it's in true moderation and no one else is harmed, it's a relatively harmless part of human nature.

In the Prince's case he would undoubtedly have had advisors less rampant and more worldly wise, that he chose to ignore or evade.

I think this photo of preparation for hedonism speaks volumes!

party-time.jpg

Why is Andrew the only one wearing a mask?

Caporegime
One of Epstein's buddies has just been charged:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/world-n...nt-friend-jeffrey-epstein-charged-rape-minor/
A French former modeling agent and friend of the late Jeffrey Epstein has been formally charged for a second time over the rape of a minor, according to a Paris prosecutor.

Jean-Luc Brunel, who is alleged to have helped procure women on behalf of Epstein and British socialite Ghislaine Maxwell, was indicted on June 29 for drugging and raping a 17-year-old girl in the late 1990s, according to a French judicial source and newspaper Le Parisien.

Mr Brunel has been in jail since Dec 2020 while awaiting trial for sexual harassment and the rape of minors over 15 years old.

An investigation by Le Parisien released Wednesday stated the new complaint was filed by a woman who accused Mr Brunel of drugging her drink and raping her at her Paris home after a night out clubbing when she was 17 years old. She now lives in the US.

Man of Honour
I doubt it.

How will a civil case in the US be enforced in the UK?

The proper way is to get the alleged offences report and investigate in the UK and then pursue a court case, if possible, from there.

There are a few bits of info on this via Google, almost all in line with the following ;

“Curiously, there is no reciprocal agreement, allowing the mutual recognition and easy enforcement of judgments in either country.

The only way to enforce a US judgment in the jurisdiction of England & Wales (throughout this page, this will be referred to as ‘England’ or ‘English Court’) is to enforce it at common law, by bringing a new action in the English courts, with the US judgment becoming the cause of action. At that point, the US judgment is treated as a contractual debt and new proceedings are therefore issued in an English Court for payment of that ‘debt’.

Essentially, it is not possible to enforce a US judgment in England directly; you must first obtain an English judgment.”

Soldato
I doubt it.

How will a civil case in the US be enforced in the UK?

The proper way is to get the alleged offences report and investigate in the UK and then pursue a court case, if possible, from there.

I thought I read somewhere he's claimed/will claim/is eligible for diplomatic immunity?

No problem USA, hand over Anne Sacoolas and we'll hand over prinny, ok?

Man of Honour
I thought I read somewhere he's claimed/will claim/is eligible for diplomatic immunity?

This from SKWAWKBOX, a U.S. media site, (according to other sites, they’re right).

Prince Andrew is reportedly hoping to use ‘royal immunity’ to avoid extradition to face a lawsuit brought by Virginia Giuffre, the alleged Epstein victim who says that Andrew raped and sexually abused her when she was under legal age. He has strenuously denied the allegations.

There has been widespread outrage at the idea that the prince might avoid facing his accuser and the ‘mainstream’ press has been reporting that he is ‘under mounting pressure not to invoke royal immunity’ to evade the prosecution – but legal analysis pre-dating the lawsuit says that he has nothing to ‘invoke’ in the first place.

A 2019 Times article quotes extradition law experts, who said emphatically that only Andrew’s mother has royal immunity:

Commissario
So basically if you hire some goons who don't let anyone get near you, you are immune to court.
Not normally.

The courts have seen that used before so there are options, hence for example in the US the options are generally (in order of which you try them).
In person service - can literally be dropped at the persons feet if they refuse to take them.
In person service to the residential address - can be handed over to a wife/family member over the age of 18.
Car windshield service - can be left on the persons car (also for some things placed on door of house).
Service to a registered commercial address of the person.
Service via registered post to a residential or commercial address.
Service via newspaper - basically you can put the notice as an advertisement in the local news papers if you follow specific conditions.
Or presumed service - basically the court is satisfied there is no way you can be unaware of it.

IIRC if the court proceeds and finds against you in default, you if you've managed to avoid most of the above attempt to get it overturned on the grounds you were unaware, but all that then does is effectively start the proceedings from the point of service again.

In the UK I think it's mainly in person or via post, hence why the likes of the police and court will deem you to have been given notice if they send a speeding ticket to the address the vehicle is registered to.

At the moment Andrew is playing the game you expect from some idiot who gets his legal advice from Dave down the Pub or facebook, not someone who has access to some of the best legal minds in the country. The whole trying to avoid admitting service thing would be moot if he is going to claim immunity as immunity doesn't stop someone from serving you papers, it just means they've got no power.

Caporegime
So basically if you hire some goons who don't let anyone get near you, you are immune to court.
I'd argue it's comparable to a regular person "going on the run"
Maybe he can find an embassy to hide in if all else fails

Last edited:
Soldato

This is a civil case extradition won’t come into it. I suspect he will ignore it and the US courts will try him in his absence and likely order him to pay some compensation that he won’t cough up. He can’t risk fighting it in America as anything he says on the record risks a criminal trial and potentially imprisonment.

Caporegime

I read that it might be a possible angle his lawyers could try, not seen anything about whether he is pursuing it or not.

A 2019 Times article quotes extradition law experts, who said emphatically that only Andrew’s mother has royal immunity:

I think that might be different, (IIRC I might have posted a link earlier in this thread) there was an article outlining his options and one thing being pondered was his previous trade role which might well have had some sort of diplomatic immunity, so it isn't necessarily directly linked to him being a royal but rather him being a diplomat (which of course is a role he had in part because he's a royal).

If he had diplomatic immunity at the time of the alleged incidents in NYC and the US virgin islands then that might scupper things, doesn't necessarily core any alleged stuff that happened in the UK though.

Also, the Met officers in his protection team ought to have kept records somewhere surely? Checking out the Pizza Express story or indeed whether he was at the nightclub instead and/or round at the house in question might be possible if the US or UK opens a criminal investigation?

Soldato
What the youngest a 40 year old man should be sleeping with?
A 50 year old man?
A 60 year old man?

We've established you think 16 and 17 is far too young for all of them. So what's the figure you have in mind?

The only correct answer is “it depends” but in the vast majority of cases a disproportionate amount of power lies with the older party and that is a gateway to control and coercive behaviour.

Man of Honour
The only correct answer is “it depends” but in the vast majority of cases a disproportionate amount of power lies with the older party and that is a gateway to control and coercive behaviour.

I “get” the disproportionate amount of power in e.g. teacher/pupil, office manager/office junior, but if a 38 y.o. engine driver puts the bite on a 21 y.o. dental nurse in a pub, and they maybe get it on, where’s the power in that?
ETA, I’ve just realised that this is the Prince Andrew thread and I’ve veered off piste as it were, forgive me, I’ll go stand in the corner :eek:

Soldato

To be fair I'd be willing to hand him over for a 24 pack of twinkies. I mean we can pitch at Sacoolas as a first gambit but the market for deviant leeches is pretty rock bottom at the moment.

Back
Top Bottom