*** The Official iOS 15 Thread ***

Soldato
Installing the 15 update on my Xs. Over 1.5hrs so far and its now at 'Preparing Update'. This is taking hilariously long. I've seen some comical iPad homescreen screenshots so I'm holding out on updating my iPad Pro for now.
Comical iPhone screenshot incoming - this was mine at 10pm last night…
8QLUVxel.jpg

Thankfully it resolved itself overnight. First impressions are very good and I have to disagree with a couple of previous posts, I think the Safari changes are excellent - very much needed.

Caporegime
I've got this since trying to install iTunes 12.12 on my windows 10 desktop. All the articles i've googled seem to be from 2011 and 2013... have they released a bugged version of iTunes? (not that iTunes is ever any good, but this is taking the biscuit)

Edit:

Uninstalling itunes, then Apple Software Update, Apple mobile Device Support and Bonjour, then reinstalling the previous version seems to fix it. So i'll keep clear of 12.12 for a while, or until the next 'update'.

Oh I could kiss you! That previous version of iTunes has installed OK (thanks to Apple for having the nouse to even provide previous versions in the support area!) and after a couple of wobbles, it seems to have restored the iPad to factory settings again. So I'll see what happens next...

Soldato
Why is the address bar at the bottom of safari now :(:(
A much better place for it IMO.
Anyhow, yes it can be moved back - you click the 'aA' and it's in there somewhere.
Just in case it makes a difference you will lose the other gesture benefits such as swiping between tabs and swiping to the right to open a new tab.

Soldato
Oh I could kiss you! That previous version of iTunes has installed OK (thanks to Apple for having the nouse to even provide previous versions in the support area!) and after a couple of wobbles, it seems to have restored the iPad to factory settings again. So I'll see what happens next...
No worries! Just wish Apple would stop making windows users lives so difficult with iTunes!

Soldato
I can’t see how to open tabs in the background without it actually opening that page. Doing my heading in when scrolling through sites and opening articles that appeal to me and it won’t open in the background.

Soldato
BitWarden and $10 year is the most complete solution for security and convenience
Vaultwarden* ;)
Nope definitely BitWarden for the reasons I mentioned above. Not sure what the ;) was about:cry:
Vaultwarden is Bitwarden, just self hosted and a separate project. There is no need to pay the $10 per year if you self host.

Convenience was the key word, sure you can selfhost but for the sake of less than 90p a month, I'm sure that's more than worth it for the convenience.

Back
Top Bottom