Energy Suppliers

Soldato
Another Green customer here.

To complicate matters, we've just exchanged on our house, so this is going to affect the new owners as well. Not sure what will happen there but I'm sure it will sort itself out.

V_R

V_R

Soldato
Avro gone bust then, just after I switched to them :( unbelievable bad luck. Can I switch to someone else immediately?

I guess I lose the £82 they took as first payment too.

I don't think you'll lose it, any credit has to be sent to the next supplier and that supplier will owe it to you.

They owe me money as well, so once I know where it's going, I can track it down and get it back I think :)

Same, current deal wasn't too bad, 17.85p standing charge, 3.15p on gas, 17.273p on electric.

Avro here too, I actually looked last night and had £360 credit as I hadn't had a bill from them yet. Lets see what happens....

Soldato
Another Green customer here.

To complicate matters, we've just exchanged on our house, so this is going to affect the new owners as well. Not sure what will happen there but I'm sure it will sort itself out.

Just take meter readings on the day as normal and it should sort itself out once the new supplier is in place.

Soldato
Your credit is protected and will be taken on by the SoLR. Your supply will not be cut off. So the only real risk is being put on a (very) high tariff.

Thank god for that my mother is with Green and she's £500+ in credit! Its been a hassle trying to get that sorted out and they've gone bust as well!

I'm on Igloo and it doesn't look like they're going to last long either, at least I'm not in credit with that though they did say they were going to massively hike up my prices. Makes me wonder if it'd be better going back on a payg meter at least I'd only pay for what I use the biggest hassle with it though is finding somewhere where you can actually get it topped up

Soldato
That's a bit late for those of us who had started the switch a week or 2 ago. But your link confirms that if you've already started the switch then this should go ahead no problems.

I was one of those people but the deals available a week ago are not longer there to switch to, as soon as those deals vanished there is no incentive to switch.

Caporegime
Given how horrific my experience with Green has been, I couldn't care less about them. Sad for the staff but they clearly weren't fit to be managing the energy of thousands of people. Still got £133 credit with SoEnergy because Green didn't do anything with the initial readings I gave them.

Man of Honour
So Green has gone as well now which is not a big surprise but could make things difficult as I started a switch away from them on Monday evening to Sainsburys energy. If this switch doesn't go through I will be in a very tricky position as prices have increased even further since Monday and even the better of the poor deals have vanished now. Privatising the industry was a terrible idea!!

Soldato
Just noticed Octopus have pulled the SVR option. Our fixed tariff runs out in October, and was planning to go onto it which was the default option - still hoping that’s the case. Guess it’s been removed to avoid any new customers coming over on it

You probably screwed, whenever I let my octopus fixed expire in the past it always moved me on a newer fixed deal, which I think will happen to you.

I only got on the variable tariff by manually switching.

Associate
Avro here the website now shows

Avro Energy is ceasing to trade. Ofgem, the energy regulator, is appointing a new supplier for its customers.

Customers need not worry, their supplies are secure and domestic credit balances are protected.

Ofgem’s advice is not to switch, but to wait until they appoint a new supplier for you. This will help make sure that the process of handing customers over to a new supplier, and honouring domestic customers’ credit balances, is as hassle free as possible for customers.

Avro and green only 800,000 with no supplier today.

Associate
Yup, and all the people with credit balances in their accounts were basically keeping them trading until the recent price surges.

Not sure that is true as the credit people have to protected and if they where using it to stay afloat where is the money that the new supplier is going to credit you coming from?

Back
Top Bottom