Official FIFA 22 Thread

Man of Honour
It probably is but may be a bonus to play on PC and get away from the slow animations.

Seems LB + double tap triangle pass is OP. Seems to be getting spammed most games and is mega effective.

Playing on PC is never a bonus :p

I’m really liking it so far. Played a good 20 or so Rivals games. Haaland is carrying at the moment though… I prefer slow gameplay to pinball, if I have the choice.

Associate
EA Play is 79p for a month for new accounts on PS5 PSN, just purchased and downloaded the Fifa 22 trial :).
I'm assuming I can set up my Ultimate Team then get access to web app?

Soldato
That is not good as historically fifa starts off ace and then slowly gets ******* and *******

I'd have said from threads on here, historically FIFA always starts off as worse than the last one was and then gets progressively even worse :p

They must be scoring minus numbers in reviews these days.

Man of Honour
It would take a serious overhaul to drag this back to FIFA 21 style gameplay. The game engine is quite different, Hypermotion, the way goalkeepers work, etc, so I'm more hopeful than usual, but I'd put nothing past EA :p

Associate
Few early impressions after 1 squad battle game and 1 rivals game. You can't pass 'through' players, the pass will get intercepted easily so you're forced to play it about, that's quite refreshing from the direct gameplay of the previous Fifas. Shielding feels really good now and seems to be essential if you don't want to lose the ball. Goalkeepers are waaay better at shot stopping, not as good rushing out with rebounds a possibility. Overall its a much better experience and gameplay resembles actual football than before! Let's hope it lasts.

Soldato
anyone else have a random issue with the app where by when you change your squad. then later on login to play some games only to find the squads been converted to a concept?

Soldato
OP
Only just had chance to play this had about 5 games of draft and I'm not sure yet. Seems abit too slow for my liking and goalkeepers are on some performance enhancing drugs.

Soldato
Quick question that you experienced guys might know.

Why do people quite often pause and change formations straight at the kick off??

Is it to do with chemistry? I.e they set say a 442 with 100 chem to get the boosts then switch to their desired formation and retain the chem boost?

Associate
Quick question that you experienced guys might know.

Why do people quite often pause and change formations straight at the kick off??

Is it to do with chemistry? I.e they set say a 442 with 100 chem to get the boosts then switch to their desired formation and retain the chem boost?

Yes but normally people also make subs if they do that as otherwise you can set the desired formation and tactics pre-game (using the pre-sets e.g. attacking, defensive etc) and select it without having to pause the game.

Back
Top Bottom