What have you done to your car today?

Associate
Sold one of them,

51511167074_22bafa1c52_c.jpg

Secondhand prices too strong, MX5 took the fall. Got out of it with pretty low depreciation after 2 years of ownership from brand new.

Will probably replace when the bubble bursts and prices drop back down.

Associate
I liked that :(

Still...they've picked a cracking day to come collect it.

Sorry! This second hand market is too mental to not take advantage. The replacement I am hoping will be at least 8 cylinders with the goal to scratch 10 or 12 cylinders off the list.

It has been a beautiful day to collect it.

Sounds really bad, but as great as the MX5 was to drive. I was starting to prefer driving the RX8 :cry:

Man of Honour
Seen loads of people doing this.

Not a huge fan tbh, much prefer the SL/SLS style personally. A lot of these conversions don't include the lower air intake slats, at least thats what I know of from the W205 C class, not too clued up on the older E class.

I think it looks awful :( Am I right in thinking that model of E Class didn't ever come with that grille? I don't think it ever really works if you try and fit bits off newer models to older ones. It always ends up looking wrong. That said I'm not sure if that grille even looks all that great on the current cars.

Soldato
Gorgeous, I think the Guilia is a fantastic looking machine.

Thanks, they certainly know how to make attractive looking cars - I grin like a mad man when I see a 4C around, probably even more so if I ever saw an 8C but they're rare as rocking horse poo.

Not going to like, part of me feels like I should have just gone for a Quadrifoglio but perhaps I'll jump into a second hand one in a couple/few years time. Potentially new will be am option but rumours are they'll start basing them on PSAs large platform.

Soldato
Seen loads of people doing this.

Not a huge fan tbh, much prefer the SL/SLS style personally. A lot of these conversions don't include the lower air intake slats, at least thats what I know of from the W205 C class, not too clued up on the older E class.

the trouble is you're changing your car away from OEM specs which means unless you change it back when you sell it, it won't be worth nearly as much, same with my car too, i can't mod it or add Carbon kits etc.

it's the wrong car to mess around with

Soldato
Took it for MOT. ALL 4 of my Yoko's have severe perishing. It's a 68 plate car with 5mm pretty much all round.

What to do? To be expected?

E43.
Very unusual for such a new tyre to do that. Tyres that are 8-10 years yes.. ! Must be a bad batch or something. I'd replace of course but also chat to a dealer first as that is not really acceptable or I personally have never seen a tyre go that quick.

Soldato
Very unusual for such a new tyre to do that. Tyres that are 8-10 years yes.. ! Must be a bad batch or something. I'd replace of course but also chat to a dealer first as that is not really acceptable or I personally have never seen a tyre go that quick.

It seems to be extremely common these days. I MOT no end of cars 3-4 years old that have cracking and perishing tyres.

Soldato
Yeah car is still within 1 year of purchase. Not sure I'll get much from speaking to dealer - still here right now - reckon an email to head office?

It seems to be extremely common these days. I MOT no end of cars 3-4 years old that have cracking and perishing tyres.
Can I trust you the video to take a look?

Soldato
Fitted new front discs, pads, and new left caliper on the mx5 this morning. It was fairly straightforward, apart from my Halfords advanced screwdriver tip shattering when I was undoing the disc retaining screws.

Soldato
I think it looks awful :( Am I right in thinking that model of E Class didn't ever come with that grille? I don't think it ever really works if you try and fit bits off newer models to older ones. It always ends up looking wrong. That said I'm not sure if that grille even looks all that great on the current cars.

Correct, its the current gen E class that has been facelifted to the "cheese grater/panamericana" grill, not the gen E class quoted.

Back
Top Bottom