It's funny how (fuel shortages)

Caporegime
So apparently its really bad round here.
A neighbours friend just stopped by having broken down on motorway as ran out of fuel looking for fuel for work!

Absolutely insane. People are already selling cans of fuel for ridiculous prices

Associate
Just seen a great sign outside a closed rural fuel station.

"Sold a months supply in under two days, closed until further notice, thanks for the time off"

:D

:cry:
I laughed but was in despair, same thing happened to my local station and there is a 30 mins + cue outside Sainsbury. People need to stop with the panic buy, we are actually causing the shortage of fuel, any day now we will have news that people can't get to work, can't get to supermarkets, warehouse, hospital, carers can't do their jobs and deliveries aren't being made because there is no fuel.

And people are ********, already saw a post on FB, advertising selling fuel, pillocks. Petrol station needs to ban jerry cans.

Soldato
There is a shortage

There is no fuel shortage, its a lorry driver shortage which means some forecourts will miss deliveries, big deal, go somewhere else that has some. Panic buyers are just stupid.

People don't care why there's a shortage. What you're describing as stupid is just human nature.

Caporegime
:cry:
I laughed but was in despair, same thing happened to my local station and there is a 30 mins + cue outside Sainsbury. People need to stop with the panic buy, we are actually causing the shortage of fuel, any day now we will have news that people can't get to work, can't get to supermarkets, warehouse, hospital, carers can't do their jobs and deliveries aren't being made because there is no fuel.

And people are ********, already saw a post on FB, advertising selling fuel, pillocks. Petrol station needs to ban jerry cans.

No, they need to set a limit - £30 and you're done.

Also those people selling fuel on Facebook need removing from the gene pool.

Soldato
Never noticed an empty shelf. My shop hasn't been impacted in the slightest.

Shortages of food are well documented.

The shop I use has shortages all over the place. There's been no eggs for the last 2/3 weeks. Often there's no salad at all. Fruit and veg stocks are erratic. As is pet food. On at least two occasions the shop has closed early to restock the shelves, which haven't been properly stocked of all lines for about 3/4 months. This is a reasonably large Co-op supermarket. It's that bad that I usually have to decide what to cook for dinner whilst I'm in the shop, depending on what they have.

That's what all the shops are like near here. Which is probably why when people get a whiff of fuel shortages around here, people take it very seriously. That they're caused by people panic buying or lack of deliveries, whatever, people don't care. They just want enough fuel in their tanks to be able to go about their business regardless.

Last edited:
Soldato
I filled up my bike yesterday around 7pm, had no queue in North West London and filled up my car in West London around 11pm had less than 10 minutes queue.

My friend went to fill up his car around 11pm as well, but went on the M1, he said a lot of petrol stations were closed saying out of fuel.
He managed to fill up in one of the closed petrol stations because he started talking to a guy in one of them and this guy knew the guy working on the petrol station and he let both of them refuel, so basically they have fuel but are holding back, maybe for emergency vehicles? I don't know.

And before someone says something, both the bike and the car were at 1/4 tank, so I didn't rush to fill up, was just a regular fill up, I never let my vehicles go under 1/4.

Last edited:
Soldato
I need fuel for work next week I haven't rushed out to go get some as I planned to get it on my normal routine after finishing work on way home, human nature, no, its just stupidity.

Yes, people are stupid. Tell me something new.

BTW. Good luck telling your boss you can't go to work because you couldn't be arsed buying some fuel out of your "normal routine". :D

Associate
idiots all of them honestly, dont know why garages didnt start limiting to £50 before and no cans or at least the total money limit

Back
Top Bottom