It's funny how (fuel shortages)

Caporegime
Does E10 have a reduced MPG? Heard that’s about 5% less so if your tank did 400, it will do 392.

Iirc ethanol has less energy per volume than petrol so yes but tbh its not that much driving style will make more difference.

The really really depressing thing is that the bioethanol takes more energy to make than it releases when burned so it's a net loss of energy.

It's more a scam via the corn industry than environmentalism.

Fun fact plants are about 1% efficient at collecting sunlight solar panels are 20%+. It would be better to just not plant the crops for biofuel and replace them with solar panels even in the worst scenarios it would be better

Caporegime
I wonder if a closed garage would have a problem with me lifting all the hoses and collecting the dribbles in the bike i get 20miles/l+ out of it so that would do me

Soldato
I wonder if a closed garage would have a problem with me lifting all the hoses and collecting the dribbles in the bike i get 20miles/l+ out of it so that would do me

Don't they all get padlocked down when a petrol station is shut ?

Shell station in Ellesmere Port didn't have any queues when I drove past just after lunch and only 2 of 6 pumps were being used. Is this panic a silly southerners thing again ?

Soldato
Tbh if Boris went on tv and said there was a shortage of underwear and not to panic buy it the sheeple would dash to the shops.

I appreciate there are underlying issues that need resolving but the very fact Boris told people not to panic buy caused this current issue.

Caporegime
Don't they all get padlocked down when a petrol station is shut ?

Shell station in Ellesmere Port didn't have any queues when I drove past just after lunch and only 2 of 6 pumps were being used. Is this panic a silly southerners thing again ?
Tesco broughton is closed out of fuel

Soldato
Tbh if Boris went on tv and said there was a shortage of underwear and not to panic buy it the sheeple would dash to the shops.

I appreciate there are underlying issues that need resolving but the very fact Boris told people not to panic buy caused this current issue.

Yes. Exactly. It's it's not "sheeple". It's perfectly rational to panic buy in a situation like this. Boris really is idiotic sometimes. Proper, real, bone fide idiotic. This is a classic example.

Soldato
Caporegime
Could the fuel pumps be programmed that a max amount (determined by manager) could be dispensed? So for example, 20 litres. Drivers are not allowed to go around again to get another 20 litres.

most have buttons on so you can set an amount maybe have a staff member press it as a software update would likely be a nightmare

Soldato
Could the fuel pumps be programmed that a max amount (determined by manager) could be dispensed? So for example, 20 litres. Drivers are not allowed to go around again to get another 20 litres.

That's actually how the system works normally in America (you go in before you fuel and tell them how much you want and the pump stops when you get there) but no idea how ours are setup if it's even an option.

Soldato
Only allow drivers with less than 25% of tank and key workers - need to provide proof such as ID card, discount card, pay slip etc through. Everyone else should be turned away.
Yeah good luck running your fuel station like that.

There's usually 1 person there at the register, they can't come out and inspect your fuel gauge. I also don't think many people carry around payslips with them, nor want to share that with some garage attendant.

Fuel stations are businesses that are free to sell as much as their product as they want, to whom ever they want, and they are doing just that.

Back
Top Bottom