US: Billions (2016)

Soldato
Good return to be fair. The overall plot really does need to be fine tuned though, its so over the place.

The school rigging plot I just couldn't get behind. It felt like a pretty big leap to believe anyone would really care about that but it was nice to see Chuck doing the 'right thing' for once.

Sgarrista
Commissario
The school rigging plot I just couldn't get behind. It felt like a pretty big leap to believe anyone would really care about that but it was nice to see Chuck doing the 'right thing' for once.

It was to close off the teaching post plot which never really developed into anything useful. A bit blunt but at least that is out the way.

Associate
Pretty much rinse and repeat again from the latest episode.

Still more watchable then must stuff on TV at the moment so happy to continue. Don't know if its just me, but Wags seems much more like a "lap dog" in this series then previously?

He was a great character and feels like its loosing something.

Soldato
I don't get the latest episode. In 8 and 9 it just carried on from where 7 left off.

Everyone was still in the offices and meeting in person. In 10 all of a sudden there is COVID references everywhere and people in quarantine, vaccinations, remote working. As if COVID didn't exist in 8 and 9 but suddenly popped up in 10 even though it's set at pretty much the same time frame as the other two.

What was the deal with the 3 minute cooking scene too? Seemed a waste of time and didn't drive the story forward.

Last edited:
Associate
I don't get the latest episode. In 8 and 9 it just carried on from where 7 left off.

Everyone was still in the offices and meeting in person. In 10 all of a sudden there is COVID references everywhere and people in quarantine, vaccinations, remote working. As if COVID didn't exist in 8 and 9 but suddenly popped up in 10 even though it's set at pretty much the same time frame as the other two.

I was thinking the same when I watched it, but then was thinking the previous 2 were likely filmed, but post production / editing etc not done hence why the got pushed to 2nd half. Then this was the first since and they just had to roll with it…..?

D3K

D3K

Soldato
The scene in ep 10 with Chuck and Prince cooking eggs... The silence was completely awkward but so realistic

Soldato
Those last few episodes were peak billions. Its just a shame it took the pandemic for the writers to actually figure out the show again, felt like most of season 5 was them having no clue what to do. Sad Lewis is gone but what an effort of him to get the episodes done so that the show can move on for the new year...it doesn't seem like we will be seeing much of him for quite a while now.

Impressive from the crew that they managed to work him into the show from London and then actual fly everyone out to London for the finale so at least everyone could be together for the final time.

I'm looking forward to season 6 more than ever, I felt axe was a bit of a caricature in the later seasons and the no stakes thing started to grate so will be good to see it all kind of reset and for chuck to go after Prince.

oh and new trailer already:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom