Games you're playing, and games...

Caporegime
Playing Nier Automata, never actually got passed the 1st level before so with games stacking up I’m going to play some games for it’s story as opposed as challenges and put it on easy to just get them over with. Just done the first loop? Or first level? Not sure. Must be first level, only took 45min or so.

Soldato
Had a Bioshock 2 ultra binge over the past few days, completed it and loved every second. That 'Circus of Values' vending machine theme gets stuck in your head!

Looking at Prey now, looks like another game I have missed out on. Is it worth a go?

Soldato
God of War - really impressed with what I’ve seen of it so far.

Then onto the rest of the top PS4 games.

GoW also, second time round for me and getting well into to it again. Usually with replays, and particularly with replying games this size I tend to turn them off after 10 mins as I can't be ar**d, but glad I've stuck with this.

Last edited:
Soldato
My limited game time is currently spent playing (PS5) Mass Effect 2, Enlisted, occasional Ride 4 and Aliens Fireteam. Have loads of things unfinished - Cyberpunk being one of them, but I don't have the inclination to go back at the moment; need some decent Winter weather to keep me off my motorcycle :D

Soldato
Playing Lost In Random on the PS5, what a great game so far. Real genuine love so far, feels like a classic. Has some 'Tim Burtons Nightmare Before Christmas' vibes, great visuals and lovely gameplay

Going to finish this, then on to Prey

Caporegime
Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order

Looks like a game that was made 20 years ago, plays like a game made 20 years ago, full of bugs, the flying goats have been my favourite so far, respawning enemies when you leave and re-enter a room and boring as hell.

Man of Honour
Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order

Looks like a game that was made 20 years ago, plays like a game made 20 years ago, full of bugs, the flying goats have been my favourite so far, respawning enemies when you leave and re-enter a room and boring as hell.

It sounds like you’re not a fan of the souls like genre, which this game uses as a template. Respawning enemies are there to encourage you not to backtrack constantly and to push forwards with the risk of dying a long way away from a save point.

Caporegime
It sounds like you’re not a fan of the souls like genre, which this game uses as a template. Respawning enemies are there to encourage you not to backtrack constantly and to push forwards with the risk of dying a long way away from a save point.
Just finished Demon Souls and loved it although now you mention it, I can see the similarities. Feels and plays like a very poor imitation though.

I'm only on the second planet, force pushing giant balls around and the back tracking seems unavoidable so hopefully that'll improve as the game progresses.

As for the graphics, the first level looked great when you're at the ship yard but the archive level and the level I'm now on look like they just gave up, so bland and ugly.

Soldato
I'm a few hours into Tails of Iron and it's fantastic so far! Stunning to look at, good atmosphere and slow, measured combat (which is totally my bag).

Soldato
I really wanted to like Fallen Order and I am a huge fan of Souls games and Metroidvanias. Finished it but found it all a bit dull to be honest. Shame as I really like the stuff Respawn put out so I was hoping for great things.

Associate
Far Cry - New Dawn. I've played all of the Far Cry games on PC but this is absolutely lush on the Series X. The HDR on the LG OLED (BX55) took a bit of getting used to but it runs superbly well and is actually a lot of fun.

£7.50 well spent.

Far Cry 6 can wait. For now.

Associate
Currently putting some hours into Vahala. Looks absolutely mint I'll give it that. 30 hours in so far. I know a lot of people have said it's grindy but I don't mind pottering about in an assassin's creed game.

Also playing the last of us 2. Played the first one through again before wat a great game. Some how don't think this is gunna be as good.

Back
Top Bottom