People that walk their Cat on a lead?

Caporegime
Exactly. My cat came home with a baguette during his first month out and about.
Ah yes, the baguette, the natural prey of cats in the wild :p

Honestly, I don't get the appeals to a cat's natural behaviour. For one, they're domesticated. For two, the urban environment is totally unnatural. It's 100% man-made.

But I've said all this before, so meh.

Oh and lastly, studies show that we modify their behaviour just by having them as pets in any case. Which is a bit obvious, granted.

But people should appreciate that cats today are what we've made them. Letting them outside doesn't change that.

By keeping them in we're merely further changing them, again according to our own desires. It's not natural, but I'd argue it's also not particularly harmful, unless they have absolutely nothing to stimulate them.

Caporegime
How to be a cat. Hunting, sneaking about, being aware, making use of its senses. What next, carrying animals in handbags?..... Oh wait....

No one lets kittens out to roam on their own, I literally do not see your point other than you're having difficulty grasping the concept of keeping pets.

Associate
hmm i'd go for weird too.. but then thinking about it, what if you had a house cat.. and to stop it from running away, whilst give it a bit of freedom to roam outside, you'd put a lead on right?

Doesn't matter how long the cat has been with you... they not as loyal as dogs and don't give a toss once they are outside. I remember i let my house cat out to soak some sunshine one day.. He came back scratching on the door at 4 in the morning

Soldato
No one lets kittens out to roam on their own, I literally do not see your point other than you're having difficulty grasping the concept of keeping pets.
I have a male cat that is 4 months old and he goes out and comes back freely. I have had 3 cats in the past, one of which had kittens. I know how to keep animals, I know what they need to stay healthy. I just don't agree with keeping cats in, say in a flat or something.

There are certain natural behaviours that can be kerbed to help with undesirable behaviour traits but I feel that in the case of a cat it must be in an environment where it can leave a place of residence as and when they please and freely. If you can't do that for the animal than I think you should seriously consider having one or not.

Back
Top Bottom