LG 48CX OLED - 4K 120 Hz

Associate
I have a C1 and admittedly it was huge and thought it was to big. Was going to send it back but I persisted with it for a couple of weeks and now I cannot go back to anything else. Looks totally normal wall mounted with my 70cm depth desk. I sit back on my chair so the distance from me to the TV is just about right. When playing with a controller I can sit back as far as I like. Also have a custom resolution of 3480x1600 for FPS games and it's awesome. Went from a 34" ultrawide to this. Tried having a look at my ultrawide the other day and the difference is night and day. The colours on my LG34GL750B looked awful and washed out especially the blacks look like a grey mist. The colours on the C1 are so punchy and vibrant along with pitch black blacks it's like playing a totally different game. Playing Quake enhanced on the C1 is something else. The dark area's are actually pitch black and look how they are supposed to be rather than a misty gray where you can still see everything. Revisiting all of the other games look so much better with the colour balance being so good. Blacks are so black it offsets the other colours and look so much better. Well happy with mine and would urge anyone thinking of getting one to give it a go for a least a couple of weeks.

Soldato
I use my cx48 for work and play (I'm a software developer) and I've had no problems with burn in and I think I could even go bigger tbh. My desk is about 80cm and I have the ergotron hx arm for it so it doesn't go right back against the wall the arm needs a bit of room. Couldn't wall mount it as I use a sit/stand desk. Either way I've had it nearly a year and I work from home full time and no issues so far.

Mine is on about 16 hours a day between my work and gaming. I'm not saying people won't get issues, but anecdotally I think you're gonna be fine.

Associate
I use my cx48 for work and play (I'm a software developer)

Also software dev here. Read such conflicting reports about using the C1/CX for dev - some say it’s ok, others say they just could not as text looks crap.

Was originally planning for a C1 only setup but feel I’d have regrets about losing an acceptable coding experience. Now thinking 2 displays - decent monitor for work and C1 alongside for play with controller

Associate
You must watch allot TV/Streaming:)

Nope, never used the TV for anything other than gaming. I only use for my PC for pure gaming. Never streamed, watched TV or even gone on an internet browser. All services like youtube, netflix and smart features have been disabled.

I know it's a bit of a waste for a TV like this but I have another TV in my front room for watching anything else. Usually I would use a monitor but this TV is so good for gaming I had to get one for my so called "Man Cave".

Associate
Nope, never used the TV for anything other than gaming. I only use for my PC for pure gaming. Never streamed, watched TV or even gone on an internet browser. All services like youtube, netflix and smart features have been disabled. I know it's a bit of a waste for a TV like this but I have another TV in my front room for watching anything else. Usually I would use a monitor but this TV is so good for gaming I had to get one for my so called "Man Cave".

I have to agree on a "Man Cave" it's my own little room I can have some peace without the wife:D

Soldato
While this isn't the reason I do not own OLED for gaming monitor, it does after be said burn in definitely is a limitation that hopefully one day can be sorted for good.

For me right now it's all about the size on offer stopping me putting OLED into my PC desk.

Associate
Nope, never used the TV for anything other than gaming. I only use for my PC for pure gaming. Never streamed, watched TV or even gone on an internet browser. All services like youtube, netflix and smart features have been disabled.

I know it's a bit of a waste for a TV like this but I have another TV in my front room for watching anything else. Usually I would use a monitor but this TV is so good for gaming I had to get one for my so called "Man Cave".
There is no such thing as "a waste for a TV like this". OLED is simply pure beautyness. Once you go OLED, you never wanna go back to LCD.
When the 42" OLED tv's will be released, I'll get one and it will be purely used for PC gaming and netflix. Nothing more, nothing less. For browsing and work, I already got a portable monitor for that.
And besides, it has come to my attention that even LCD monitors, yes, monitors are higher priced than OLED tv.

Soldato
Unfortunately, Linus has a range of personality traits and this is some of the more idiotic. He did a stupid, we know that the vast majority of OLED users don't have issues with current products and the current knowledge on best use. Now he's just using his giant head and giant platform to yell about it despite being basically in the wrong.

"Early adopter" he is not :D

Associate
Unfortunately, Linus has a range of personality traits and this is some of the more idiotic. He did a stupid, we know that the vast majority of OLED users don't have issues with current products and the current knowledge on best use. Now he's just using his giant head and giant platform to yell about it despite being basically in the wrong.

"Early adopter" he is not :D
That's why I can't take that guy anymore seriously, especially what you said about the vast majority of OLED users.

Soldato
I have the Standard mode OLED light set at just 20% for just surfing the web and general usage and then 90% on the Gaming mode for when I'm gaming. No issues at all yet. Black desktop and I hide desktop icons when I don't need them. Absolutely love this screen.

Associate
While this isn't the reason I do not own OLED for gaming monitor, it does after be said burn in definitely is a limitation that hopefully one day can be sorted for good. For me right now it's all about the size on offer stopping me putting OLED into my PC desk.

So you're going to take the word of a YouTube idiot! Linus is that idiot after he burn-in a OLED, in two months.

Soldato
So you're going to take the word of a YouTube idiot! Linus is that idiot after he burn-in a OLED, in two months.

Excuse me? Did you miss read the apart I said OLOED Burn in isn't the reason I do not own this tech yet? To be honest you can call him what you want but he clearly shows burn in on his display within the video as evidence to back up his claim.

Associate
Even if you're biased against Linus its not just him reporting this (which you would know if you actually watched the video). Wendell from Level 1 Techs is also seeing the same thing. Both are using these TV's as daily work drivers which is a very different scenario than just as gaming/media devices (where they obviously excel).

Soldato
From my experience burn in happens from 2.5 to 3 years whichever panel you have, plasma for me was 5, would i change from OLED, not a chance i just buy an new panel, the superior PQ is so worth it.

Soldato
I thnk that ultimately I would just get used to the inferior PQ of a different tech if I switched away from OLED. I do like it though and have been messing about with 120Hz BFI lately, the motion smoothness in games has that wow factor for me. Tough on the ol' GPU though and really noticeable when FPS dips compared to using VRR :p

Associate
Excuse me? Did you miss read the apart I said OLOED Burn in isn't the reason I do not own this tech yet? To be honest you can call him what you want but he clearly shows burn in on his display within the video as evidence to back up his claim.

(which you would know if you actually watched the video). Wendell from Level 1 Techs is also seeing the same thing. Both are using these TV's as daily work drivers which is a very different scenario than just as gaming/media devices (where they obviously excel).

I wouldn't waste my time watching his idiot channels, no good teaching YouTube dummy's how to use an OLED TV they just need followers to spread their 'idiotic practice'

Rtings who started this 20 hours per day, 7 days per week, running there test pattern in a loop over 9000 hours before some permanent burn-in, that's like 2.5 years not two months.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom