• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD demonstrates Ryzen 9 5900X prototype with 3D V-Cache stack chiplet design

Soldato
Apparently so yes.
Is that how he structured his information, or how you have? I suspect it's the former because it looks very much like Paul's unfiltered barrage of information and he's cocked it up, o at least padded it for maximum clicky clicks.

Zen 3D and Zen XT are surely the same thing since 3D is the thing AMD are making and XT is what they're going to call it; Ryzen 5000 XT will be the new SKUs which implement 3D V Cache.
Rembrandt and Laptop RDNA 2 refresh are the same thing; the new Rembrandt APUs feature a tweaked Zen 3 arch and RDNA 2 graphics.
Zen 4 next year too? I know that was planned, but it depends at which point in H1 he 5000 XT SKUs land. Officially launched October, available to purchase Q4 sounds likely.

Associate
Is that how he structured his information, or how you have? I suspect it's the former because it looks very much like Paul's unfiltered barrage of information and he's cocked it up, o at least padded it for maximum clicky clicks.

Zen 3D and Zen XT are surely the same thing since 3D is the thing AMD are making and XT is what they're going to call it; Ryzen 5000 XT will be the new SKUs which implement 3D V Cache.
Rembrandt and Laptop RDNA 2 refresh are the same thing; the new Rembrandt APUs feature a tweaked Zen 3 arch and RDNA 2 graphics.
Zen 4 next year too? I know that was planned, but it depends at which point in H1 he 5000 XT SKUs land. Officially launched October, available to purchase Q4 sounds likely.
I padded it out with the information he provided and some other online news. I believe the Rembrandt CPU and RDNA2 (laptop) refresh are separate but time will tell ultimately. Like you i also thought Zen 3D and XT would be one in the same but he seems certain and has a "reasonable" track record

Soldato
AMD aren't going to release two new Zen 3 products next year and Zen 4, and they're certainly not going to delay Zen 4 into 2023 given Intel's suggested resurgence (even if Alder Lake falls short of Zen 3, Raptor Lake won't) so I can't see the V cache updated Zen 3 being different to an XT refresh.

But, it's all rumours until AMD actually announce something. Let's see how things play out.

Associate
AMD aren't going to release two new Zen 3 products next year and Zen 4, and they're certainly not going to delay Zen 4 into 2023 given Intel's suggested resurgence (even if Alder Lake falls short of Zen 3, Raptor Lake won't) so I can't see the V cache updated Zen 3 being different to an XT refresh.

But, it's all rumours until AMD actually announce something. Let's see how things play out.
Exactly i would be surprised to if they done an XT and 3D as i would have thought easier to produce one considering the chip shortages plus but teh improved clock frequency and 3D cache on the next ZEn 3 chip together and you would have quite a significant boost i would think

Soldato
Hang on, what improved frequency on Zen 3? I don't watch RedGamingTech because Paul does my head in, but I've never seen anything about Zen 3 getting speed bumps. Has he thrown that out there?

I guess it's not outside the realms of possibility for TSMC's N7 to be so super mature now the chiplets will support a frequency boost as well as having cache strapped to them, but honestly if the cache alone brings 15% uplift to games then we don't need a speed bump. Unless AMD are taking the Alder Lake leaks seriously.

Soldato
Exactly i would be surprised to if they done an XT and 3D as i would have thought easier to produce one considering the chip shortages plus but teh improved clock frequency and 3D cache on the next ZEn 3 chip together and you would have quite a significant boost i would think
Wouldn't supprise me either if they do XT versions especially for the 6 and 8 core parts where implementing 3D cache will be quite costly proportionate to the overall price of the chip so maybe an XT refresh for the 5600X / 5800X with a clock speed bump and a TDP bump to 95w for the 6 core with a better cooler tossed in and then save the 3D cache for the 12 and 16 core parts with a larger performance boost to entice people to spend more.

Associate
Maybe, Red or Blue i think next year will be interesting, i just really hope all these crazy supply issues sort themselves out

Soldato
Hang on, what improved frequency on Zen 3? I don't watch RedGamingTech because Paul does my head in, but I've never seen anything about Zen 3 getting speed bumps. Has he thrown that out there?

I guess it's not outside the realms of possibility for TSMC's N7 to be so super mature now the chiplets will support a frequency boost as well as having cache strapped to them, but honestly if the cache alone brings 15% uplift to games then we don't need a speed bump. Unless AMD are taking the Alder Lake leaks seriously.

The B2 stepping Ryzen seem to have a tiny clock speed advantage, but it’s barley worth measuring and certainly not enough to base a new product range on. I think wires could have been crossed between 3D and XT, or AMD are using salvaged cores.

I haz 4090!
Don
They can believe what they want to believe, but when their delusions become actually disruptive it's a problem. And a problem that continues to be unresolved; moderators would rather dish out suspensions for "breaking forums rules" when you call out these idiots out rather than just banning the root cause in the first place. There is a big difference between expressing a differing opinion and outright trolling.

*sigh*

Please don't blame it on the mods. We're here to enforce forum rules, not get in the way of people debating. If you think you're being trolled, then ignore it and move on. Talking about which CPU might be better can only fall under trolling if you care about this stuff way more than you should.

Again (We get this a lot), we're not here to censor debate, no matter how blind some opinions may seem. ;)

Soldato
We're here to enforce forum rules, not get in the way of people debating.
But there is no debate.

The problem though, Worthy, is there are some people who are trolling. It's not a matter of "oh, he disagrees so I'm being trolled", it's continuous posting of the same baseless and contradictory nonsense with zero intention of discussion, and then throwing insults around when they're called out on it. And when you simply ignore certain users you get entire pages that are just blocked posts and all sense of discussion is lost.

How is that not disruptive? How is 4K8KW10's incessant rubbish and perpetual thread derailing not against forum rules? Same goes for Dave2510, but at least he vanishes for weeks at a time when his latest round of Intel shilling proves to be hilariously wrong.

Soldato
Typical RedGamingTech. Paul posts so much crap every day he often repeats himself, contradicts himself or just plain mixes things up. Which is a shame because he's had some great info in the past.

Ive only watched his videos a couple times, but he didn’t come across as someone that people within the industry would confide in.

I haz 4090!
Don
But there is no debate.

The problem though, Worthy, is there are some people who are trolling. It's not a matter of "oh, he disagrees so I'm being trolled", it's continuous posting of the same baseless and contradictory nonsense with zero intention of discussion, and then throwing insults around when they're called out on it. And when you simply ignore certain users you get entire pages that are just blocked posts and all sense of discussion is lost.

How is that not disruptive? How is 4K8KW10's incessant rubbish and perpetual thread derailing not against forum rules? Same goes for Dave2510, but at least he vanishes for weeks at a time when his latest round of Intel shilling proves to be hilariously wrong.

I'm sorry but I'm really not sure what you expect us to do, we have a different view. Please feel free to continue to report any posts you feel may be trolling and the mod team will discuss them. The best advice I can give is to just put him on ignore, you're never going to reach a point where you agree on anything.

Soldato
Wow, OK. I've already received a 3 day suspension for "spamming the report button" because the usual suspects were kicking off big time. I've been permabanned from the Graphics Cards sub forum for "breaking forum rules" because I called out these people as trolls and children.

I have a very long list of what I expect you to do. Feel free to start a private conversation to discuss further.

Soldato
*sigh*

Please don't blame it on the mods. We're here to enforce forum rules, not get in the way of people debating. If you think you're being trolled, then ignore it and move on. Talking about which CPU might be better can only fall under trolling if you care about this stuff way more than you should.

Again (We get this a lot), we're not here to censor debate, no matter how blind some opinions may seem. ;)

Could you just clarify the mod team don’t considered this style of posting as flame bait?

Associate
And when you simply ignore certain users you get entire pages that are just blocked posts and all sense of discussion is lost.
You can’t have it both ways.
If you see them as trolls then be happy when you see a page of blocked posts as you have saved yourself from reading them.
The people that respond to the trolls and moan about them are just as tedious as the trolls for me.
I block them also including you.
Some people might be better off with a thicker skin.
I occasionally look under the carpet to see what the wildlife is getting up to.

Soldato
If you see them as trolls then be happy when you see a page of blocked posts as you have saved yourself from reading them.
Perhaps, but when it's as regular as it is and half the page is covered up it gets challenging sometimes to follow the discussion. And then you get half a slagging match when other people are calling the trolls out, and frankly I'm not strong enough to stop curiosity from getting the better of me :p
Some people might be better off with a thicker skin.
I freely admit to wishing mine was a lot thicker than it is.
You can’t have it both ways.
True, but there would be no need to call these children out if they were banned for the blatant trolling and flame bait in the first place.

But my personal failings aside, wouldn't it just be easier if we didn't need to block people? What is it about the internet that makes people think it's OK to shitpost every 30 seconds and then start slagging people off when they're called out for the trolls they are?

Caporegime
Spamming mods isn't the way to deal with this, posting stupid crap over and over again isn't against the rules nor should it be.

What you should do with stupid crap is either ignore it or if there is a worthwhile debate to be had out of it do that.

Above all just keep your cool because the whole point of trolling is to wind you up, so don't fall for it ;)

Back
Top Bottom