*** Microsoft Windows 11 Thoughts & Discussion Thread ***

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Do you get the options to get the quick launch section back and to remove the W11 version (icons in the middle)?

You can restore quick launch yep via right clicking the taskbar > toolbars > links then copy pasting your shortcuts you want or dragging whatever to the links toolbar :cool:

As above though, you have various options to get how you like it.

Quick dirty gif I did to demonstrate:

startisback_QL.gif

Caporegime
You can restore quick launch yep via right clicking the taskbar > toolbars > links then copy pasting your shortcuts you want or dragging whatever to the links toolbar :cool:

As above though, you have various options to get how you like it.

Quick dirty gif I did to demonstrate:

startisback_QL.gif

Can you do one for how to always show all taskbar overflow icons?

:mad:

Man of Honour
Can anyone get ubisoft connect to load?
It took ages, and a few UAC type prompts, downloading patches, re-entering my password etc. But yes, it loads. You just have to be really patient, don't just give up after 20s of it initialising etc, it took a while (maybe it has to build a cache or something I dunno).

Permabanned
OP
I bit the bullet, just installed Windows 11 Pro on laptop. I need to do my desktop machine but to do that I need to bypass the tpm and cpu requirements.

One issue on laptop Intel Optane won't enable. Anyone else running this and successfully got it to work?

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Can you do one for how to always show all taskbar overflow icons?

:mad:

Assuming the toggles have been set in the taskbar overflow icons settings screen then if you drag the icon out of the overflow to the system tray, it will then remember that's where it should be next time and always be there. A little faff but there is rarely a situation where you have regular new apps showing up there anyway so really it's a one time job for a handful of icons.

Edit*
Yup Ubisoft Connect takes ages. Classic I expect no less from Ubisoft though as the Connect app is always asking me to log back in even though it's set to remember who I am. Don't get that with STEAM...

Back
Top Bottom