BMW and M Power Owners

Soldato
Quick film on my phone does it no justice at all. It makes the house shake and if anyone is close they jump and/or stare.

I know what you mean, my Z4 used to be parked up on my drive and the sound bounces off the walls in my cul-de-sac. Neighbours never said anything but I imagine they didn’t like it.

Soldato
Noticed a very wet patch on the drive under the middle of the car (e92) this afternoon when returning from a short drive to the shops. Caught some in a pot and it is definitely water which would suggest AC condensation and nothing to worry about.

Parked the car at 6PM yesterday, drove it 24 hours later and the patch under the car is still freshly wet so can't have stopped dripping that long ago. I can see it pooled on the under tray which does look particularly wet and then just spilling over and dripping down.

qdOEBntl.jpg

Is it 'normal' for this to continue for so long after the car has been driven? I can't see what else it could possibly be as it is water. My drive to the shops was 5 minutes either way and its dripping quite heavily again even after such a short duration/distance.

Is there anything else it could possibly be?

Soldato
4 new tyres needed as only got a few mm left =/
Cheapest place seems to be asda tyres of all places which have Michelin pilot sport 4s for £210 for rears and £195 for fronts

Soldato
4 new tyres needed as only got a few mm left =/
Cheapest place seems to be asda tyres of all places which have Michelin pilot sport 4s for £210 for rears and £195 for fronts

What size? I just had 4 19" (255/35/19 and 225/40/19) fitted by Costco for £530 all in after the £100 off Michelin offer

Soldato
So a bracket had come loose on the new exhaust (apparently bolts just needed re-tensioning), but when I took it into BMW they had no courtesy cars. The parts manager who had sorted the install out in the first place did offer me the keys to one of the demonstrators though as I didn't have the time to hang around!

G82 M4 xDrive, ~504bhp, official 0-60 in 3.4 (apparently actually ~3.0 in reality). Annoyingly only 150 miles on the clock so couldn't take it over 5k rpm, but I took this home at lunchtime and brought it back at 5pm. Frustratingly busy afternoon at work so i couldn't just spend the afternoon out in it, but did clock off at 4pm and managed ~60 miles of country roads at least! Got through at least £25 of power , felt a bit tight giving it back empty at 5pm on a Friday :D

egohoJ0.jpg

QmLVMwL.jpg
xerosoa.jpg
DmSpyns.jpg

h3pvuQI.jpg

yP6FJqT.jpg

0wenDyh.jpg

looked good out of the office window

a56kU2K.jpg

M hud is a huge upgrade from non-M, particularly the rev counter and the gear indicator
NuEgdCu.jpg

strange graphics in this game:

aviHy66.jpg

Saved the worst until last :D though tbh every time I see one I hate it a little less.....

09lRvQ6.jpg

Frankly remarkable car to drive. Very heavy yet it still felt incredibly sharp, very responsive, and the grip in 4wd mode is absolutely insane. It started to drizzle a bit on the way back and yet it would still absolutely throw itself out of corners when you stamped on the loud pedal. In comfort it was completely changed, suspension much softer, close the exhaust flaps and completely silent, and really was at least as comfortable as my 440i (in reality more so because the new interior is much nicer, and the seats are frankly amazing).

Truly amazing car. Shame this one's RRP is £82k. That's a lot of money for a 4 series, even when it's THIS good.

Soldato
What size? I just had 4 19" (255/35/19 and 225/40/19) fitted by Costco for £530 all in after the £100 off Michelin offer

255/40/19 and 225/45/19
I don't know where the nearest Costco is from here and I've never been to one but if it can save me a bit might find the nearest

Soldato
look nice from the side and the rear, but the front is kings news clothes terrain;
its like BMW have some woke diversity quota - mocking western owners to buy it, irrespective of looks.

Soldato
Truly amazing car. Shame this one's RRP is £82k. That's a lot of money for a 4 series, even when it's THIS good.
It’s an interesting price, considering the i4 M50 is £20k cheaper and has more power (540bhp / 800 nm). I know it’s not a proper M car but rumours are suggesting the i4 M is 700bhp+ for around £80k. Usually the EV version cost more than the ICE equivalent.

Nice way to finish the working week :)

Man of Honour
It’s an interesting price, considering the i4 M50 is £20k cheaper and has more power (540bhp / 800 nm). I know it’s not a proper M car but rumours are suggesting the i4 M is 700bhp+ for around £80k. Usually the EV version cost more than ICE equivalent.

Nice way to finish the working week :)

If only power was the only thing that determined a cars price.

Soldato
So a bracket had come loose on the new exhaust (apparently bolts just needed re-tensioning), but when I took it into BMW they had no courtesy cars. The parts manager who had sorted the install out in the first place did offer me the keys to one of the demonstrators though as I didn't have the time to hang around!

G82 M4 xDrive, ~504bhp, official 0-60 in 3.4 (apparently actually ~3.0 in reality). Annoyingly only 150 miles on the clock so couldn't take it over 5k rpm, but I took this home at lunchtime and brought it back at 5pm. Frustratingly busy afternoon at work so i couldn't just spend the afternoon out in it, but did clock off at 4pm and managed ~60 miles of country roads at least! Got through at least £25 of power , felt a bit tight giving it back empty at 5pm on a Friday :D

egohoJ0.jpg

QmLVMwL.jpg
xerosoa.jpg
DmSpyns.jpg

h3pvuQI.jpg

yP6FJqT.jpg

0wenDyh.jpg

looked good out of the office window

a56kU2K.jpg

M hud is a huge upgrade from non-M, particularly the rev counter and the gear indicator
NuEgdCu.jpg

strange graphics in this game:

aviHy66.jpg

Saved the worst until last :D though tbh every time I see one I hate it a little less.....

09lRvQ6.jpg

Frankly remarkable car to drive. Very heavy yet it still felt incredibly sharp, very responsive, and the grip in 4wd mode is absolutely insane. It started to drizzle a bit on the way back and yet it would still absolutely throw itself out of corners when you stamped on the loud pedal. In comfort it was completely changed, suspension much softer, close the exhaust flaps and completely silent, and really was at least as comfortable as my 440i (in reality more so because the new interior is much nicer, and the seats are frankly amazing).

Just mention you couldn't fill it up as all the stations had run put then you can have a clear conscious:p.

Back
Top Bottom