Greenlizard0 PL & Championship Football Thread ** spoilers ** [15th - 18th October 2021]

Soldato
Awful - please just end this misery....

Team looks devoid of any "tactics", non existent shape, defense looks awful.

I've back Ole for a long time, but he's simply out of his depth now.

Next 5 games - Atalanta (H), Liverpool (H), Spurs (A), Atalanta (A) and Man City (H). If changes are not made soon, the season is over in the next 5 games.

Great squad, with loads of potential, but utterly laughable performances/tactics

8 wins/1 clean sheet in last 19 games! Horrendous.

Soldato
Awful - please just end this misery....

Team looks devoid of any "tactics", non existent shape, defense looks awful.

I've back Ole for a long time, but he's simply out of his depth now.

Next 5 games - Atalanta (H), Liverpool (H), Spurs (A), Atalanta (A) and Man City (H). If changes are not made soon, the season is over in the next 5 games.

Great squad, with loads of potential, but utterly laughable performances/tactics

8 wins/1 clean sheet in last 19 games! Horrendous.

He’s been out of his depth the entire time. He was fine for getting the feel good factor back but after that PSG result, he shouldn’t have been given the job. They should have just left it to the end of the season - like what was reported at the time - and said bye at the end of the season.

Soldato
He’s been out of his depth the entire time. He was fine for getting the feel good factor back but after that PSG result, he shouldn’t have been given the job. They should have just left it to the end of the season - like what was reported at the time - and said bye at the end of the season.

100% - time for excuses are over. Whilst the "old boys" club was a good idea to steady the ship after Jose.... It's clearly time for some external coaching/management etc

Ole/Carrick/Phelan/Fletcher etc

Soldato
100% - time for excuses are over. Whilst the "old boys" club was a good idea to steady the ship after Jose.... It's clearly time for some external coaching/management etc

Ole/Carrick/Phelan/Fletcher etc

You could have it as Ole is the manager and have a world class team of coaches under him. Tactical guys the lot. Could be a modern way. Who knows?

As things stand though, Ole is a great guy but just not cut out for this job sadly. Being honest I don’t think anyone else in the league or even the championship has him as their manager/head coach.

Caporegime
Ref saved Chelsea badly here, clearly onside for the stonewall penalty and allowed Chelsea to burn 5 minutes pretending to be injured

Soldato
Can't believe we didn't get anything out of that. Chelsea had one shot on target whilst we hit the bar, onto the post twice and off the line too... should have got something from that.

Don
The other week somebody asked the question re Salah vs peak Suarez and my answer was Suarez but my god is Salah making me question that answer already. He's probably not scoring quite at the rate he did in 17/18 but his performances this season have been a level above anything we've seen from him. Because of how good his goal was today and his goal vs City, not a lot will get said about the rest of his game but he's really becoming the complete package as a forward.

There's been signs of these things improving over the last few years but Salah's no longer just a wide forward that is hanging on the defenders shoulder, looking to run in behind. His all round game has improved year on year but it seems to have taken a huge stride forward this season. The way he's playing with his back to goal is what's really blown me away. The assist today and vs City for Mane begin with two nothing passes up to him and from no where we've scored. The City assist showed everything for me - the initial pass into him was a bit of a hospital pass, running back to his own goal with a defender on his arse but he's able to keep possession, lay it off and when he gets the ball back, in a blink of an eye he's skinned his man and sliding Mane in on goal. He's holding the ball up like a target man and linking the play like Firmino, while still being a constant goal threat running in behind.

Back
Top Bottom